All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
Volume: 4.6 liters
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
Volume: 5.5 liters
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I hope the side pouch stretches a bit. I think the magnetic latch should be adjustable depending on how much stuff goes in. It's hard to close.
I always spend time researching the best options for items I purchase, and my decisions always come down to best in quality and best in design. When I found Waterfield, and the laptop carrier products they make, it was immediate to me that my search was over. I purchased the Outback Duo Laptop Brief based on style/design and quality/craftsmanship. Price was not a factor in my decision, as I am used to higher pricing with quality/well designed items. When my carrier arrived, the feel of the leather and canvas bag, the look of the bag, even down to the zipper and handle, the functionality and layout of organization - it was all much more impressive in person than how it appeared online. I receive compliments on it every time a colleague or client sees it. I recommend Waterfield to anyone looking for best in class products, especially when design and quality are important in your decision.
Averta Insurance Solutions Inc.
I own the bolt briefcase in both canvas and nylon. Yes overkill but the canvas was a bit heavy and I missed the return window. But I liked, so hence why I bought the nylon. Which is pretty much a great bag. Now to the my current purchase of Duo Laptop Brief. This one I purchased to use during business travel since I will only be carrying the essentials. All I can say is WOW. This truly is the perfect bag. It really carries minimally but it has great capacity. Brilliant work on the front gusseted pocket which allows for the essentials without compromising the inner part of the bag. Inside there’s plenty of room for a laptop and a tablet with room to spare. Kudos to whomever designed this bag. Had I purchased this bag first, I probably would not have purchased the Bolt Briefcase. But I honestly am glad I have both. The canvas will got to some lucky buyer on Poshmark as soon as I list it. If you’re on the fence and just need to daily carry the essentials, this bag will work very well for you. Don’t hesitate. Just buy it.
Nice handles, nice look
This had got to be one of the slimmest dual-laptop bags I've ever had. Not only does it looks great, it also fits 2 15.6" Dell laptops with no problems. Although all the accessories now have to live in the front flap, it surprisingly took up less space than I imagined it would. It doesn't overly bulge out either. Additionally, the shoulder strap distributes the weight nicely and doesn't slip around. Top notch.
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
The Outback Duo comes in two sizes, each with two padded laptop compartments. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments.
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 15" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- Suface Studio Laptop
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)