All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact Size: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet, along with accessories.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Duo is my second work bag from Waterfield and I love it as much as the first one I bought 5 years ago. That one is still going strong and looks just as good as the day it arrive. The Outback Duo allows me to carry more gear but is still amazingly compact. Materials and workmanship are as good as ever and the grippy shoulder strap is exatly what I needed. The shopping experience was seamless and shipping speed was exceptional. I’m a very satisfied customer. Thank you team Waterfield!
I never enjoyed a bag before finally I found something that answered all my needs perfectly!
I have a dozen bags. Each one fulfills it’s mission, at least at its essential level - and that is to safely transport my gear. What I’ve been looking for however I have struggled to find. And that’s a bag that is less utilitarian and all purpose, and is instead streamlined and rugged and elegant. Any bag can hold all the peripherals ever made. Few however are thoughtful and well constructed. This fits my desire to be that, and somehow streamlined to a minimum form factor. This is the bag Indiana Jones would have had, had he owned a computer. Rugged, well traveled, and understated. Where Waterfield is headed with their design is where the market has so far come up short in its imagination. If you like the look, you’ll love the craftsmanship. And that’s as good a place to start as any.
I wanted a very, very compact bag for my day-to-day "light" setup. I can't believe I carry in such a small and so nicely looking package both my iPad Pro 12.9 in its Smart Keyboard Folio and my Macbook, with quite a lot of stuff on top : Magic Mouse, AC Adapter, USB-C hub, Apple pencil, regular pencil, a bulky bank digipass, keys, documents... It all fits in without any tension. The MacBook, the iPad Pro and the documents are perfectly separated. The magnetic latch is "solid" (well done) and the chocolate leather is so gorgeous. The double leather is handle is just perfect, and I removed the shoulder strap to be in a very lightweight mode. The only problem with your bags, Gary, is that we are always looking for the next one :D. I already have several of yours, for different work scenarios, and I always feel delighted with them. What a finition, and there are so many great pratical details to ease a hard working day. Please have a solid business, and keep on doing what makes your products so unique 'cause we're not done with your bags...!
I bought this bag to go to work every day. It is the perfect size for two 13"computers and the essentials. I definitely recommend it!
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 16" x 9.75"
- MacBook Pro 16"
- MacBook Pro 15"
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar 13", Air Retina
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- iPad Pro 11", 12.9" with NEW Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items.