All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs. 31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
This screams quality from all angles! Every pocket on the outside is deep, the straps and back are comfy (there's even a little slider on the straps to keep them from flapping about) and the main compartment is absolutely cavernous, plus the laptop/tablet compartments are thickly padded and super soft! I was concerned that the chocolate leather wouldn't go as well with the bag (personally, the grizzly looked better to me but is unavailable) but the bag is actually a bit darker than it appears on the website so it goes perfectly! This is definitely a bag that i'll be using for the rest of my life!
Great customer service explaining issues with getting it shipped during Covid-19. Book bag is absolutely everything I expected and more. Great quality and comfort. Would recommend this bag to anyone looking for a stylish book bag. Thank you for a great product and customer service. Maybe a wallet next or duffle bag...
I've been on a 'Buy American' and 'Buy it for life' life kick lately. Waterfield products fit both those benchmarks.
I'm extremely satisfied with the build and quality of the Bold Backpack I received. Thank you for the amazing product.
I have been a fan of SFbags for a while now. I have many of their products and love the craftsmanship so I decided to get the backpack as well. I am surprised at how much room there is in the backpack and the the yellow lining works really well when looking for things. I also love that there are so many pockets and lined sleeves throughout the backpack. Really makes organizing my things easier. Only thing that didn't work for me was the water bottle pocket, I have a giant 40oz Thermoflask bottle from costco and it doesn't fit in either of the outside pockets of the backpack. If you have a smaller 24oz bottle it should fit fine.
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
The Bolt Backpack has a built-in padded laptop pocket - and - a built-in padded tablet pocket:
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro with NEW Magic Keyboard (11", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go
NOTE: The water bottle pocket can hold up to 4-inch (10.16 cm) water bottles.