All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Full-grain American Bison leather
- Full-grain Chocolate leather
- Industrial-grade premium metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Dimensions: 16” (l) x 4” (w) x 11.25” (h)
- Weight: Bison Leather: 2.5 lbs. / 1.13 kg.
40.64 (l) x 10.16 (w) x 28.57 (h) cm
Volume: 11.25 liters
Chocolate Leather: 2.8 lbs. / 1.27 kg
- Water-resistant zippers.
- Gold lining for identifying contents quickly.
- Front: Discreet deep pocket for easy access items.
- Back: Pass-through slot for sliding onto carry-on handles.
- Sleek, minimalist design with high functionality: organized interior, travel-friendly exterior.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- The chocolate full-grain cowhide is beautiful, durable, and will look better as it gets more use.
- Three carry options: leather handles, a removable shoulder strap, and a carry-on suitcase passthrough.
- Interior: Two padded compartments for laptop and tablet. Pockets for organization. Key fob for easy retrieval.
- Domestic: Flat rate 2-day shipping. Details.
- International: 2-3 business day delivery. Country duty/tax calculated at Checkout. Details.
- What is special about the American Bison leather?
- What is special about the Chocolate rugged full grain leather?
- Why use a gold liner?
- How do you suggest I clean the leather?
This really should be their motto. This is my second WaterField bag and just like the first, it is perfect. The bag is spacious without being bulky. The laptop compartment is well padded, so I never worry about my laptop. The solid leather bag is a bit hefty, but it will hold whatever you can shove in it. Everything about this bag just works.
I went with the Bison Black Leather as it was more of my style. Its hardware beautifully complements the black exterior. The looks projects a "very professional" vibe to it.
The shoulder straps are serviceable but I much prefer lugging it by hand. The leather handles are quite sturdy, and can be comfortably carried with roughly 9 lbs of weight on it.
The zipper hardware is weatherproof, the zip sliders feature a small hole for those small locks, and it slides smoothly too.
Let's talk about the pockets:
* From the pictures the discreet pocket looked small but in reality it's actually vast. You can put not only your phones (yes, plural), but also a fat wallet, some keys, or a small notepad. A replacement for your pants' pocket.
* There are two sizable interior pockets. Each can fit 2 coiled-up 3-meter cables (be it an HDMI, Ethernet, or your USB-C/USB-A's), a wireless mouse with its charging cable, or an external drive plus connector.
* The tablet compartment can fit my iPad Air 4 with Smart Folio (no keyboard) on.
* The laptop compartment, the main attraction, can fit my ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2. Subjectively, it didn't felt too tight or too loose -- it is a perfect fit. The reference dimensions were exactly my laptop's too, it was a match made in heaven.
With both my laptop and tablet on, it felt a bit tight. So I decided to just use the tablet compartment as a slot for envelopes or folders. If your device is slightly thinner than mine then this may not be an issue.
The briefcase is cavernous letting me pack my Tech Pocket (Small), my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones, and another organizer.
Here is the list of tech packed in this briefcase:
* ThinkPad X1 Extreme + charging peripherals
* Sony WH-1000XM4 Headphones
* My wireless mouse of choice, the Logitech MX Anywhere 3.
* 1 HDMI cable, 1 Ethernet Cable
* A tech organizer containing: 1 External SSD, 3 Flash Drives, 1 USB-C Hub.
The bag was made after 5 business days upon my order, it was shipped to the Philippines via a freight forwarder straight to my doorsteps in 3 weeks. Overall, the unboxing experience was worth the wait.
This aesthetics help project professionalism that goes well with business casual attires.
It was a joyful purchase.
I’ve been searching for the right briefcase for 5 years and finally took a leap of faith and got the bison leather version. Very happy with it! Looks great, is functional and has the feel of something that’s going to last a lifetime.
I purchased the black bison leather briefcase and I couldn’t be happier with it. The craftsmanship is top notch. It’s obvious that the bag will last for a while - the hide is soft but thick and durable. Oddly enough, my favorite part about the bag is the zipper, which is enclosed to be protected from outside elements.
Gary and Jasmine were prompt to answer a couple of questions I had and they were accommodating.
I would recommend Waterfield to anyone looking for eye catching style and superior craftsmanship.
I really like it
The Executive Leather Laptop Briefcase comes in one size and has two built-in padded compartments for a laptop and a tablet. The following devices can fit in these compartments :
The Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 14.25" x 9.75"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Pro X with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Surface Book 3 (15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
- Acer Swift 3
The Tablet Compartment fits devices up to 13" x 8.75"
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro 7, Pro X, Go with Type Cover
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Pixel Slate
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Amazon Kindle (Mark M., Glendale, US)