All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact Size: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
My gear over the last couple years has gotten much smaller and lighter with the additional problem of carrying around two laptops. As always, my go to choice is SFBags. The Outback Duo fits the need perfectly. It holds both an M1 Macbook Air and a MS 13” Surface Notebook 2 with their chargers with some extra room for odds and ends. Add the piggyback, you won’t be disappointed. Personally, I went with the grizzly leather and black ballistic because I wanted to see the patina over time. Hopefully the Duo’s leather will match my well worn SFBags wallet in time.
I’ve been looking at the Duo for a long time, it is a premium price, and lets face it no one is commuting! Finally invested in it, and it has not let me down.
It is a lovely thing to handle, very tactile. Very well constructed, top notch, in all aspects, you really get the sense it will last forever.
I bought the compact for a 13” MacBook and iPadPro 12.9, it is spot on for this, really nice fit, and reflected in external dimensions.
The space between the two devices is bigger than shown, in that it is more useful, easily will fit a bunch of stuff in there, power supplies etc
Would highly recommend
This bag is just what I wanted. A great looking, slim (don't want to carry the house with me), and a few pockets for pencils and a notebook along with a space for an iPad (that I won't use but appreciate). If you want a minimalistic, stylish, bag/brief to commute or travel, this is the bag you want.
The bag is for my husband who has “upgraded” from a slimmer version and he loves it. Form and function are both spot on for him. The communication and service and speed of response is just brilliant. Highly recommend!
I have had a dozen or so laptop bags over the years. The Duo gets it right. It is just the right size so i dont carry more stuff than i need and it is a premium product that I expect to have for 10 years. It is stylish without being over the top. Now I have to clear out the junk bags i've purchased from Amazon and Bestbuy.
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
The Outback Duo comes in two sizes, each with two padded laptop compartments. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments.
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 16" x 9.75"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)