All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Top handle for grab and go situations.
- Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I ordered the compact version since my iPad is enough for most of my computing tasks when I travel. This bag has enough room for my 11” iPad in a magic keyboard, cables, a notebook, pen etc. looks awesome and feels great to slim down and to not be carrying my traditional laptop bag.
I love it already after a few hikes and walks :)
Just Perfect, nothing else!
The sling bag works really well for me, and I have the optional handle on it that makes it very easy to handle in the car. Fits my 13” iPad pro with the magic keyboard, or my macbook air, in the provided slot, as well as my Leica M camera and some lenses. In the Car or on my scooter, I can take my equipment comfortably and IMHO stylish. Suffice to say, I am happy with the Sutter Tech Sling.
The last Waterfield product I purchased was 10 years ago and I am embarrassed to say I forgot about the company and its quality since then. They some how managed to improve even more if that's possible.
This bag replaced a Tumi alpha messenger bag. I was looking for something less corporate and more rugged as well as a bag that was just large enough for what I needed and not too large that I would be tempted to overload. I am left handed, so the ambidextrous strap was a big selling point along with the finish as I own other wax canvas products and love how they wear over time.
I purchased the full size and it is absolutely perfect. This is my daily bag between offices in my company, so its key that I can hold everything between hot desks. My carry load is two surface pro 7s one of which is in a thick case as well as varying document load (50-100 pages). I have combined it with the medium size gear pouch for cable management and small desk supplies (paperclips, sign tabs, etc) as well as a small pencil pouch. All this fits nicely and is an easy carry slung over one shoulder leaving my hands free to negotiate doors without battling a bulky bag trying to swing back around under my arm.
The dark leather face adds a touch of class I find professional enough I don't feel out of place carrying in a suit. Interior color is great at drawing your eyes to exactly what you are looking for and not leaving you in the dark. Zippers function flawlessly and can be opened without tugging the bag around on the coffee shop floor.
I opted for the additional carry handle on top though the bag lives on my shoulder. The added feature is nice when reaching for the bag while its facing you so you aren't dragging it by the cover and spilling contents everywhere.
There are no improvements I can see here. Absolutely fantastic product.
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Compact: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo C940 fits in Full Size (Arthur W., Wichita, US)
- Lenovo X1 Gen. 4 fits in Full Size (David J., Henderson, US)
- 13" ThinkPad X380 fits in Full Size (Miles H., Alpharetta, US)