All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16" MacBook Pro (size #6): 14.75" (l) x 10.5 " (h); 1.35 lb
- 13” MacBook Air Retina (size #40): 12.75" (l) x 9.25 " (h); 1.20 lb
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar (size #38): 12.75" (l) x 9.25" (h); 1.20 lbs
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Magic Keyboard (size #31): 12.5" (l) x 10.25" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #30): 12.5" (l) x 9" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard (size #29): 11" (l) x 8.25" (h); 1.10 lb
- iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #28): 11" (l) x 7.75" (h); 1.05 lb
- iPad Air with Magic Keyboard (size #29): 11" (l) x 8.25" (h); 1.10 lb
37.46 (l) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.61 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
31.75 (l) x 26.03 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
31.75 (l) x 22.86 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
27.94 9l) x 20.95 (h) cm; 0.49 kg
27.94 (l) x 19.68 (h) cm; 0.47 kg
27.94 (l) x 20.95 (h) cm; 0.49 kg
- Premium full-grain leather flap.
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile.
- Includes removable shoulder strap.
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage.
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the MacBook or iPad in or out.
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items.
I bought the #31 size for my iPad w/Magic Keyboard and the fit is perfect for my needs.
I didn't have any issues with it being too snug like some other reviews mentioned, so the issue must have been fixed.
I also bought the Shoulder Pad accessory based on some other reviews saying the strap can slide off if slinging off one shoulder, which I can definitely see happening based on the material.
I've had this bag for about a year now and couldn't be more happy with it. Amazing quality and craftsmanship. It travels well, keeps my Surface safe and looks sharp! Super happy with this purchase. <3
Nice bag but fit is very tight if you have magic keyboard or other cover attached. Also straps are not removable so just extra if you’d don’t use them.
I had the Outback for 3 years with my previous iPad Pro 10.5. Recently I upgraded to the M1 iPad Pro 11 inch with the Magic Keyboard, and so i purchased the Outback for that model/combination.
I use the Outback daily to take my iPad to the office. This newer Outback fits the iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard perfectly. It’s not too tight to have to force the iPad in/out, nor is it a loose, sloppy fit. The padding gives me peace of mind when I’m setting down the bag, knowing that it’s cushioned.
The outside pocket maintains a slim design, but carries all I need. I always put into the pocket a 30W Apple charger, a 2-meter charger cable, iPhone and phone charger cable, Apple Pencil, and AirPods. There is room to spare for other things that I occasionally add like keys, a hard drive, dongles, etc.
The strap is super convenient. It frees up my hands going to/from car to office. it’s a personal preference of mine rather than having my hands full of things when I walk.
The overall form factor maintains the simplicity of the iPad, which for me has replaced my laptop.
Lastly, Waterfield gives great attention to detail. For example, the older Outback for the 10.5 iPad had a pencil sleeve in the flap area because the original apple pencil was too long/tall for for the outside pocket. That worked well. However, I’m glad to have the pencil sleeve moved to inside the pocket now because it’s immediately noticeable if the pencil is in there, rather than having to flip over the bag to see if the pencil is in the flap. It’s a small thing, which is my point. Little things like this show how Waterfield thinks through every detail of their bags.
Very high quality, stylish, perfect fit, great customer service.
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
Apple MacBook & iPad Pro
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13” MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
Microsoft Surface (see the Outback Solo for Surface)
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 3 & 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 3 & 2 15 inch
Others (see the Outback Solo for Laptops and Tablets)
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items. It has a built-in pocket for the Surface Pen or Apple Pencil 2, and one for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The back pocket can fit documents and other items.