Atlas Executive Athletic Holdall
Perfect for office, gym, and travel
- Product Info
- What Fits
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon or brown Waxed Canvas
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 16" (L) x 10" (H) x 8.5" (W) Volume: 22 liters
- Ballistic 3.1 lbs., Waxed Canvas 3.4 lbs.
- 3 separate compartments for 3 different, distinct functions: a Briefcase for work gear, a spacious Athletic Workout section for workout gear, and a separate, collapsible shoe pouch.
- the Briefcase comes with 2 padded pockets to protect a laptop and a tablet and additional pockets for stowing cords, power, pens, and other office items.
- the separate, roomy Athletic Workout compartment stores clean or dirty clothes. Has gold liner for easy visibility.
- the shoe pouch collapses for flexibility and separates the shoes from the clothes.
- the quick-access zippered front pocket holds keys, commute cards, wallet, phone, pens, etc.
- the back has a slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- the handle is wrapped in premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- includes a removable suspension strap for an alternate carrying style.
- sleek, waterproof zippers
- premium, full-grain leather accents
- built to last
- fits the "personal item" requirements of most airlines. Example: United Airlines' personal item requirements are 9" x 10" x 17" and carry-on requirements are 9" x 14" x 22".
The Briefcase compartment can fit the following items.
- The padded laptop pocket fits devices up to 13.75" x 9.5", like:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 2
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- The tablet pocket fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", like:
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Apple Smart Folio Keyboard
- Surface Pro 6 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Two deep pockets can hold power cords, cables, and other tech gear
- A notebook, file folder, and other office documents can fit in the main compartment
- Assorted workout gear, including towel, water bottle, supplement
- A change of work clothes, etc.
- The separate, collapsible shoe pocket can hold a pair of gym shoes or work shoes
The Gadgeteer - March 11, 2018
"Waterfield has done an excellent job engineering this bag for the athletic urban warrior, creating a professional looking EDC bag for all your tech and gym gear alike."
Love this bag, it can hold a lot for it's size. I used it the first time for a 2 day trip out of town and it held more than enough. The layout of pockets, etc is well thought out. The shoe locker area has an internal zipper so when not using the shoe area you won't have the sleeve for the show hanging around in the large compartment. (if that makes sense..). Look forward to using this bag a lot more and as a carry-on option.
I think I could put the world in this Atlas Holdall.
A perfect bag to hold ALL of my stuff.
Craftsmanship that would make Hephaestus blush.
If you don’t have this bag, pray to Hermes to deliver one to you.
I’m an English teacher, so pardon me while I wax poetic.
This bag is just what I need to hold all my daily junk with room to spare.
Atlas keeps everything right where I can easily find it as needed.
Durable, roomy, and aesthetically handsome - sorry Narcissus
Not too big - Not too small - Just right 👍👍
Not overly athletic here, but this bag is a great substitute for my previous 10 year old Tumi bag. That bag had separate bags (2) at each end that could be removed and a separate zippered removable bag for a laptop and tablet, so it is somewhat similar in concept. The Waterfield bag is lighter, but has about the same volume. Plenty of pockets. Rather wish that it was more similar to the newer AirPorter bag, but it works well as it is. A great substitute for my former bag - I hope it holds up as well - from the design and features, I have no doubt it will.
What’s the difference between the Ballistic Nylon or Waxed Canvas?
Both are very durable, sturdy materials and will last a long time. The Ballistic does a good job of hiding scuffs and will look like new even as it ages. The Waxed Canvas develops its own characteristics based on the various scuffs acquired over the years. The Ballistic nylon is a bit more formal and will keep the same appearance years down the line. Waxed canvas takes on character with time, an "around the world" look. You can't go wrong with either option. The full grain leather accents (front pocket, handle) will develop a beautiful patina, making the entire Atlas Executive Athletic Holdall more striking as it gets older.
Is the Atlas weather resistant?
Both the ballistic nylon and waxed canvas materials are water-resistant and will protect your items from the elements. The Atlas will hold up well in rainy conditions, and the splash-proof zippers add additional water resistant protection for your gadgets.
Can I take the Atlas on long trips?
We like to say that the Atlas is a great 24-hour bag because it can hold an entire day’s change of clothes, plus the tech gear that you need to survive during day or night. The roomy compartment can hold several items of clothing and is big enough to take on weekend trips.
Is the Atlas considered a personal carry-on item?
The Atlas fits the "personal item" requirements of most airlines. Example: United Airlines' personal item requirements are 9" x 10" x 17" and carry-on requirements are 9" x 14" x 22”.
Why use full grain leather for the accents?
Real, premium leather does look good, doesn’t it? Full-grain leather has a super tight grain so it resists moisture very well, and it's strong and durable. We believe in making products of the highest quality—we never skimp on materials, even accents. Full-grain leather is ideal for handles; your fingers will feel the difference. We love how the leather develops a beautiful patina that adds to the Atlas’ character over time.
Why use a gold liner?
First, the liner adds a bit of protection for the different items you carry inside. Second, we chose gold because this lighter, brighter color makes it easier to quickly see the contents inside your pouch.
How do you suggest I clean the ballistic nylon?
The ballistic nylon is *very* durable and will take scrubbing with a stiff brush and mild soap. Blot with towels/rags and let the case dry out. This should have the case looking good as new.
How do you suggest I clean the waxed canvas?
Waxed Canvas isn’t the easiest item on the planet to clean - part of the character-building process with Waxed Canvas is how it ages with scuffs, dirt, stains and all. Still, there are things you can do. This article gives you a good idea of how to clean and re-wax if and when you are ready. They suggest using dish soap and soft brush to clean, then drip dry, then take a hot hairdryer to heat up the wax and redistribute it. This will soften any blemishes and help with the dirt. The lines and crinkles on the waxed canvas are actually normal, and happens in shipping sometimes. All you have to do is use a hair dryer and you can flatten out the wax with your hand.
How do you suggest I clean the leather?
Actually, we suggest not doing anything. Part of the beauty of highly distressed leather develops as it gets used over time— with rain or getting bumped around. Leather conditioners will darken and alter the leather, maybe not something you desire. If at some point you want to condition the leather - we suggesting using Mink Oil. This will darken a bit at first - but will keep the leather very nice. You can also spread the oils around and smooth them out a bit with a hair dryer and your hand. Any leather discoloration or marks are straight from the actual hide itself; it's part of the character of the leather. That’s how you know it’s the real thing. Each hide has it own look; it's unique just like you. With naturally tanned leather, there's always going to be a bit of character on it that's hard to control. It's one of the reasons we like it so much, you'll always be getting a one-of-a-kind bag.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Looks even more amazing in person. The attention to detail is appreciated."
"I thought it was a lot of money. Now that I own it, I know it's worth every penny."
"Used for air travel and love it. Perfect-sized carryon. Fits in domestic overhead bins."
"Professional on one side; party on the other. Game changer!"
"The quality is priceless. Highly recommend."