All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs.
31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior for visibility.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Thick, leather bottom provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Bolt Backpack is part of the Bolt Collection of bags.
I've had a number of Waterfield bags and backpacks including the Pro Executive and Mezzo. The Bolt Backpack by far is my favorite for work and play. It stands on its own, not as well as the pro executive but good enough. It is the perfect size and is very comfortable. The two front pockets are tighter than I would like but serve their purpose. Highly recommend!!
I carry this backpack everywhere. This is probably one of the nicest things I own. Not pricey at all once you have it in your hands you will understand the investment. Just buy it already.
Keep coming back to Waterfield for all my storing/carrying/lifestyle needs. I started with the Executive leather messenger (also love) for work and then decided to get one of these for general travel.
Everything is just so well made and that is not even an exaggeration. This was my first canvas item from WF and it's just beautiful. The handles, materials, and overall size are really great. Plus, I love the fact that I can put this on top of my rolling suitcase when I am travelling.
My 14-inch MacBook Pro in a WF Neopreene sleeve fits well in the laptop slot and there is still enough space for a toiletry bag, change of clothes, a gear pouch, and more. Love the leather accents and bottom as well- very smooth and supple.
It's a little pricey, but once you feel it in your hands, you'll know why. I expect to keep this for years to come. It may just be the last bag I need.
Don't think, do it, get one.
The bag is great, I purchased this as a gift for my fiancé and it was well received.
The bag is well crafted with a spacious interior, able to fit 16 inch MacBook Pro.
Best backpack I’ve ever purchased!!!!
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
The Bolt Backpack has a built-in padded laptop pocket and a built-in padded tablet pocket:
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (William T., Torrance, US)
NOTE: The water bottle pocket can hold up to 2.75" diameter (6.98 cm) water bottles.