All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs. 31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
I love my Bolt backpack. I’ve wanted it for over two years and I’m glad I finally purchased it. It feels exquisite to the touch, holds all my essentials, distributes the weight on my back comfortably, and frees my hands to hold my lunch and/or coffee.
One of main straps on the backpack started coming undone within 6 months of regular daily use of the backpack. Expected better workmanship for the price paid.
Great quality bag and cunstimer service is first class , would have gave 5 stars but i don’t like the pull ties on the zipper then seem a little hard to open
With a big trip coming up, I wanted to take my new Bolt backpack with me, but not even considering that they would be swamped with orders for the holiday season. They sent out an email informing me that my bag may take another week to get to me, which would be too late. I emailed customer service and Gary managed to respond with alternative options... but I decided to wait for my waxed canvas Bolt and accepted the fact I wouldn't have it for this trip. Lo and behold I get a surprise shipping notice that same day and managed to get the bag the following day. Thanks Gary and their amazing customer service, the bag is fantastic and unlike any quality I have seen before. I am already planning what my next Waterfield purchase will be!
I’m what some people would say is a “backpack connoisseur”. I have Peak Design, Triple Aught Design, Boundary Supply, and Eberlestock backpacks. The Waterfield Bolt Backpack is a well thought out design that looks great when I head to the office. I like the interior material that lets you rummage around in your bag even in low light. I like that I can put a larger water bottle in the side carrier and a compact umbrella in the opposite side and they never slip out.
I never really sorry about rain while moving from my office to the car. The waxed canvas looks great with the leather accents.
I'm very happy with this addition and am looking forward to traveling with it in the near future.
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio (11", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go