All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
- More details here.
Dimensions & Weight:
- 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs. 31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Bolt Backpack is part of the Bolt Collection of bags.
I like the backpack where I loved the other two bags. The main zipper sticks. Nice size and like the two slots for my MacBook Pro 13 and iPad Pro 11.
I have been using this as my everyday work bag for two weeks now. The materials look very sturdy, even though I cannot say much about durability yet (I had bags in the past that looked sturdy at first but started falling apart after a year of normal every day use). What I can say is that the bolt backpack is gorgeous and very well thought. I have the waxed canvas version which is actually darker than it looks in pictures (and this makes it even more good looking than I thought). With respect to what described in the web site, it comes with metal zip pulls (for the main compartment). These look more professional than the leather ones showed in pictures. In my case this happened to be a nice surprise but I suggest Waterfield to mention these small changes explicitly: when you spend more than 300$ in a bag details matter.
So far I am super happy with the bag.
The early Christmas gift to myself arrived, and delighted to report that the Bolt Backpack AND the Bolt Duffel hit the spot! My collection of Waterfield products continues to grow. The design of the line is eye-catching, and the build quality exceptional. No other brand comes close!
After a long, worldwide online search, I found my dream backpack. The backpack is very well made and looks perfect. The size is ideal. The details are very well thought out. It is great fun to travel with such a great backpack that stands out from the mainstream. I am very happy to recommend Waterfield to others. This is not my last order :)
The bag's quality is really top notch, I think I found my forever bag with my new bolt backpack :)
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
The Bolt Backpack has a built-in padded laptop pocket - and - a built-in padded tablet pocket:
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro with NEW Magic Keyboard (11", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (William T., Torrance, US)
NOTE: The water bottle pocket can hold up to 4-inch (10.16 cm) water bottles.