All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic Nylon or Waxed Canvas
- Full grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Full Size:
13" (l) x 3" (w) x 8.5" (h); 1 lb
33.02 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 21.59 (h) cm; 0.45 kg
Volume: 5.4 Liters
- Compact Size:
10" (l) x 2.25" (w) x 7" (h); 0.7 lb
25.4 (l) x 5.71 (w) x 17.78 (h) cm; 0.31 kg
Volume: 2.5 Liters
- Functions equally well as a Hip Bag or Sling.
- contents stay in place whether worn horizontally or vertically
- double-zippers allow access from right or left, top or bottom
- comfortable on either right or left shoulder
- Efficient strap management.
- two strap lengths insure a proper fit
- hi-performance hardware
- wide, 1.5-inch straps that don't dig into your skin
- Easy on and off.
- self-finding magnetic buckle quickly locks into place
- quick-adjusting webbing-length cam lock
- quick-release pull
- Moisture-wicking padding on the back for comfort.
- Plushly-lined pocket to stores eyeglasses.
- Padded tech compartment fits for tablets
- Front pocket holds quick-access items like phone, pen, earbuds, etc.
- Long tethered key hook.
- Gold, water-repellent liner makes it easy to locate items.
- Premium full grain leather front panel comes in various colors.
- Vegan-friendly options: all-ballistic nylon, all-waxed canvas.
I’ve been using the Hip Sling Bag pretty regularly for a few weeks now. It’s a great little bag and I really love it, but during my time with it, I’ve noted just a few usability issues. The compact size’s main compartment is just shy of being tall enough to slide a pen into it vertically. If I want to carry a pen with me, I end up laying it down on its side or at an angle. It also makes it just a bit short of fitting an A6 notebook upright. Similarly, the interior slip pockets are not quite deep enough for the pocket clips on pens or a small knife. The main zipper opening also feels a little small and makes it difficult to manage the contents. If the zipper could be extended over the corners, I think it would make it just a bit easier to open up the bag. Lastly, the padded interior pockets seemed to eat up a lot of the interior and made it a little tough to put a few items inside without it getting very tight. If just an extra bit of depth was added, it would probably be just about right.
With all that said, the quality and construction is amazing. The strap is fantastic. I love using this bag even with the minor issues I mentioned. I think with just a few adjustments it would be the perfect bag for my uses.
I got the compact hip sling bag to hold glasses and extras when I travel. Travel hasn’t happened yet, but the bag is definitely superb. In addition to the usual very high quality material and stitching, the hardware on this bag is really well thought out. Going from hip wear to sling is easy with a simple tug of the belt loop (?). Extra loops are at just the write place for me to lock the zipper down with a mini carabiner. The bag itself is exactly big enough for what I need to carry, no bigger. I think I might try to use it as an extra camera lens carrier as well. This is all around perfect!
I love the Hipsters. I have the Mini and and the Compact I use both depending on my need. Exceptional quality, craftsmanship and materials. Made in SF,USA. I have a lot of their products that I use constanty. Wherever I am in my travels, I get asked where I bought these and I send them to SFBags.com. I appreciated being part of the design and filling the needs of their loyal clients. Thank you Gary and the SF Bags Team for your outstanding work.
Good design, high quality materials and construction, make up a bag that has it's user in mind. Will be buying from SF bags again.
This Slong Bag meets my needs perfectly in being being an extremely well designed and made item to hold the things I take out with me; keys, phone, wallet, sunglasses, mask, etc. I especially love the soft lined packets for my phone and glasses that minimalise the risk of scratching. The bag features high quality materials and fittings and an easily adjustable strap (I purcased the long one for mostly over the shoulder use). Little extra toucahes like the small loops at each end of the zippers are not only useful when opening/closing the pockets but also double as anchor points for clipping on other small items (such as an earbud case) if desired. This is now my single-most go to item when heading out!
Windows Central - November 22, 2019
“The Waterfield Designs Tech Folio Plus is a long-lasting, pack-it-all-in bag ideal for those techies who travel with a lot of smaller items, cables, and knickknacks for their Surface PC or Ultrabook.”
iMore - January 25, 2019
"The Tech Folio Plus has a ton of pockets of various sizes to carry all the dongles, adapters, headphones, battery packs, and other accessories you might need. Plus, it's absolutely gorgeous and made from quality materials."
Apple World Today - September 27, 2018
“I use the Tech Folio Plus as an accessory to my laptop case. However, if you use an iPad Pro in lieu of a Mac laptop, the WaterField Design case may be the only one you need for your tech equipment.”
The Hip Sling Bag's front pocket stores frequently-accessed items, and the bigger main compartment can fit items like these below.
Compact Size Main Compartment can fit items like:
- iPad Mini and similarly-sized tablets
- Nintendo Switch Lite, Switch with detached Joycons
- Small cameras like Leica series, Fujifilm x100 series, Ricoh GR series, etc.
- WF Travel Wallet (medium)
- Small notebook
Full Size Main Compartment can fit items like:
- iPad Air 10.2-inch, iPad 10.2-inch, iPad Pro 11-inch and similarly-sized tablets
- Nintendo Switch with Joycons (protect it with the Taco Switch insert)
- light jacket
- everything in the Compact size
The Hip Sling Bag was developed with customer input through our Community Design. See the process here.