All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 6”-1.5" (w) tapers at top x 15.5” (h); 2.4 lbs. (ballistic), 2.9 lbs. (canvas)
28.57 (l) x 15.24-3.81 (w) tapers at top x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.1 kg (ballistic), 1.3 kg (canvas)
Volume: 14.5 Liters
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps.
- Full-grain leather bottom for extra durability.
- Two padded laptop and tablet compartments.
- Comfortable leather handles for easy grab-and-go.
- Two deep side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- Breathable mesh back padding for wicking away sweat.
- Back pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Contains light foam padding to prevent sagging and keeps the backpack upright.
- An everyday backpack with clean lines, water-proof zipper, and full grain leather accents.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- Expandable front saddle pocket is secured with a front full grain leather flap. The pocket includes a key clip and organizational pockets.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I just took my mezzo on a road trip over the holidays and OMG! The bag is just the right size and was able to get my iPad, MacBook, and various cords, etc with room to spare! I love all of my SF Bags and cases!
When I decided I was in the market for a new high quality backpack, I did my research into both the big popular brands and the high quality smaller companies. I came across plenty of standard issue black nylon, office appropriate bags and plenty of expensive, military grade bags which would come in handy if war broke out on my way to work. Ultimately, I came back to Waterfield, where I've bought four or five fantastic bags in the past. My Mezzo (which I got in black ballistic nylon with chocolate leather) is great. It has a casual but very cool look that is perfect for an office environment or non-work activities. Plus the distressed leather gives it a feeling that it is unique to me and the yellow interior is like no other. Perhaps most importantly, it is the perfect size, easy to carry and seemingly small by the numbers, but it has plenty of room for everything I need. My one critique is that I'm not crazy about the magnetic buckle, which requires a somewhat unnatural movement to open, especially with one hand. (I'm sure I'll get used to it though.) The paragliding buckle, which was the other option when the Mezzo first became available, to me, would have been perfect. But all in all, a great and very cool bag!
So far so good!
For over 5 years now, the Staad backpack from my main work/commute/travel bag. I enjoyed the significant front leather panel and the clean, minimalist aspects of the Staad backpack. It got commented on over and over, in airports and planes as well as in meetings. However, my commute need changes a bit and I need a bit more internal space, including my water bottle out. Furthermore, my new 12.9” iPad Pro did not fit in the tablet pocket of the Staad.
The Mezzo is the perfect replacement for me. The two side pockets fit the water bottle and travel umbrella. The 14.5L main comportment is slightly bigger than the Staad 13L but with the two sides pockets and the expanding front pocket of the Mezzo, I can fit quite a lot more stuff (including my MacBook Pro and iPad pro) while keeping a relatively small and compact form factor (in fact is look smaller than the Staad!).
The front leather flap is significantly smaller than the Staad (the only part that I am missing) but the bag still look professional and fit in any type of meetings!
I love this backpack, such elegant design, love the back belt to slide it over the pull along handle of my suitcase
I am loving the bag so far. It has a good number of pouches and has room for all of the things I like to carry with me. The build quality is very good and I love the design and aesthetic.
GBAtemp - Mar 30, 2021
“I never expected to have such fanatical feelings towards backpacks, but the Waterfield Mezzo is such a nice, well-made thing, with so much utility without going overboard, that I just love it.”
9.4 out of 10
The Mezzo Laptop Backpack is all I need to take my 16-inch MacBook Pro, iPad, accessories on the road
Apple World Today - January 27, 2020
“The WaterField backpack isn’t inexpensive. But you’ll be hard pressed to find one that’s more rugged, easier to use, and which is as handsome.”
The mid-sized Mezzo Laptop Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The expandable front saddle pocket holds easy-to-access items and is secured with a flap. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo Thinkpad 14" fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Gary R., Omaha, US)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items.