NEW! Tech Folio
New! From the Next Generation Gear Case community design project.
- Product Info
- What Fits
A pocket for every gadget. The Tech Folio is the professional's everyday carry for storing adapters, dongles, cords and cables, power chargers, SD cards, an external drive, earbuds, phone, tablet, and more. Designed specifically for those who take their gadgets everywhere, the unique pocket-storage system makes it quick and easy to store uncoiled cords and is flexible enough to protect bulky and slim devices. It's also great for carrying personal items. The larger capacity Tech Folio Plus is taller, wider, and holds more gear for those who require space.
NOTE: Thank you to the customers who participated in the Next Generation Gear Case community design project. Based on their feedback, the Tech Folio includes details encountered in daily use.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic Nylon or Waxed Canvas
- Full grain leather accent
Weight & Dimensions:
- Tech Folio: 10.5” Length x 8” Height x 2” Width, 0.95 lb.
- Tech Folio Plus: 13” Length x 10” Height x 2” Width, 1.3 lb.
- Opens flat to reveal a pocket-storage system that is flexible tor carrying cables & cords, slim or bulky items, tech gear or personal items. Cable management is a breeze–– no need to coil. Just bunch it up, zip it in the pocket in seconds.
- Transparent mesh pockets lets you see at-a-glance all the items you have stored. Deep, plush pockets expand to protect odd-sized objects.
- Rounded zipper front pocket makes it easy to quickly get items in or out.
- Front pocket for quick-access items like phone, pen, Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, earbuds, etc.
- Double zippers in main compartment enable in-case charging.
- Carrying options: use grab handle at the back or attach a Suspension Strap (optional).
- Can use on its own or insert in other bags.
- Full grain leather front panel develops a beautiful patina.
- Fits into any professional setting.
- Tech Folio fits the 10.5” iPad, Kindle reader, and similarly-sized devices.
- Tech Folio Plus fits the 12.9” iPad Pro and similarly-sized tablets.
- Optional straps: Attach a strap from two small D-rings. Choose between a 1” Suspension Strap or 1” Simple Strap. See Attachments here.
The Tech Folio is designed specifically for those who take their gear and electronics with them everywhere they go.The pocket-storage system keeps everything organizationed, quickly accessible, and flexible enough to hold slim or bulky devices. The Tech Folio comes in two sizes: the normal sized Tech Folio, and the larger capacity Tech Folio Plus.
These are examples of items that can fit in the Tech Folio’s pocket-storage system:
- Cables and cords: short or long; thick or thin.
- Power bricks
- Dongles and adapters
- External hard Drive
- Extra battery packs
- Portable headset
- Devices in Tech Folio:
- NEW! 11" iPad Pro with Face I.D.
- Surface Go with Typecover
- And other similarly-sized devices or smaller
- Devices in Tech Folio PLUS:
- NEW! 12.9" iPad Pro with Face I.D.
- 13" MacBook Pro Retina & Touch Bar
- Surface Pro 6 w/ Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- And other similarly-sized devices or smaller
- The Tech Folio (both sizes) can be inserted into other bags, like our Backpacks, Briefcases, Messenger Bags, and Holdall Bags
Apple World Today - September 27, 2018
“I use the Tech Folio Plus as an accessory to my laptop case. However, if you use an iPad Pro in lieu of a Mac laptop, the WaterField Design case may be the only one you need for your tech equipment.”
The interior design of the bag is what sold me. Charger, cables and dongles are easy to see thanks to the mess pockets.
It’s a really nice piece of kit. I like handling it. I just wish it were a bit slimmer somehow. I suppose it’s mostly my fault for all the stuff I want to drag around with me but I feel like it takes up a ton of space in my bag...
Second product i buy from sfbags, the quality and the design is unseen before. I really like the front pouch, the details touch on the zio are not only beautiful, well crafted but above all very practical. In France i really plan to talk about this brand
The Tech Folio is the perfect bag for the Surface Go (or any like size device)! Room and organization for all of your accessories while remaining compact and easy to carry.
I showed it off at the Microsoft Store and they immediately wanted to know where I had gotten it and were shopping at Waterfield before I left the store.
What is the difference between the Tech Folio and Tech Folio Plus?
The main differences are the capacity and size. The Tech Folio Plus is our large capacity gear case; the Tech Folio is a smaller version. Both have a pocket-storage system that makes it convenient to quickly put away and retrieve cables, cords, and other tech accessories.
What is “community-designed”?
Community design is WaterField’s version of crowdsourced design. We worked with customers from idea-to-product on the Next Generation Gear Cases, surveying them on their requirements and getting their feedback as we developed sketches and prototypes. As a result, the products incorporate features that reflect how customers interact with them on a daily basis. Attention to these small details add to the overall quality of the product.
Can I charge my battery while in the case?
Yes. The main compartment has dual zipper pulls so you can strategically leave a hole open where a cord can be placed to be plugged into a charging outlet.
What is the pocket-storage system?
After reading the requirements, our design focused on organization, quick access, and flexibility. It turns out most people have no time to carefully coil their cords and place them under elastic bands, which is normally the case. With pockets, you can quickly bunch up cords and cables, stow them in the pockets, then quickly zip it up. Pockets keep them organized and untangled, and they’re easily identifiable through the mesh material.
Also, we have cushy pockets for bulkier devices and exterior pockets for quick access items.
Why use full grain leather for the accents?
Real, premium leather does look good, doesn’t it? Full-grain leather has a super tight grain so it resists moisture very well, and it's strong and durable. We believe in making products of the highest quality—we never skimp on materials, even accents. Full-grain leather is ideal for the area of the Tech Folio you’ll be touching most frequently; your fingers will feel the difference. We love how the leather develops a beautiful patina that adds to your Tech Folio's character over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Allows us to move swiftly from daily work bag to other bags without repacking or endlessly duplicating gear!"
"The perfect case for storing everything in one location at home, and for taking on the go in a backpack."