All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Small: 11 x 9.25 x 2.25 inches; 1.35 lbs. Volume: 3.5 Liters
- Medium: 12.5 x 9.5 x 2.25 inches; 1.65 lbs. Volume: 5.5 Liters
- Large: 14.25 x 12 x 2.25 inches; 1.85 lbs. Volume: 6.25 Liters
- Fully-padded compartment keeps your laptop or tablet protected.
- Secure splash-proof zippered main compartment keeps your gear dry.
- Locking YKK zippered rear pocket.
- Ultrasuede phone pocket under front pocket fits up to iPhone XS Max.
- Invisible magnet secures front pocket with a satisfying snap.
- Rear leather grab-and-go handle.
Great bag for around town. Carries my iPad, phone, wallet and more. If I could customize this bag I would like to have a removable shoulder strap and would like there to be a half inch of additional depth. Keep up the great work!
Medium Bolt Crossbody ordered.
Verdict: A perfect bag for carrying minimal tech to/from the coffee shop/work. The inclusion of a sizeable front pocket was what led me to select it over the muzetto bags WaterField offers
Uses: I use it daily to transport my iPad Pro along with a few cables, iPhone, and documents. Fulfills that purpose wonderfully.
Feedback: The medium is a bit snug carrying my MacBook Pro with Apple’s leather sleeve - it fits, but it’s tight.
FTF (For the Future): I would love a small, compact crossbody design that somehow incorporated space for a pair of over-ear headphones, but without the rectangular size of a briefcase or messenger bag.
Waterfield makes great bags - I have a few of them now and over the years they hold up well. I was preparing for a trip and needed a messenger type bag to take with me. Waterfield shipped the bag to me the same day I ordered it (thanks!). I take lots of photos on my trips and use my iPad Pro to store and edit my pictures. I also like to have my iPad with me around town for those dead times -- for photo or video editing or surfing the web. I guess it is kinda like a man purse for me.
I noticed a few people comment that there is no should pad included. I have a Billingham SP40 shoulder pad and it works well when I need more cushion / for heavier loads (pic included).
I will probably order the small bag too - the medium is the largest version of this bag that I would want to carry around all day.
Great bag! amazing quality! Needed in a hurry, Chris was great and got the bag out immediately. Highly recommend Waterfield Bags.
The bag is a quality product with a lot of attention to details. Shipped door to door from San Fransisco to Oslo, Norway in 48 hours!
AppAdvice - November 29, 2017
"Overall, I’m in love with the Bolt Crossbody laptop bag."
DroidHorizon - November 7, 2017
"The time and money spent in making this bag means that it will probably outlive me and is made to last. The design is timeless and won’t ever look out of place."
Best Leather - July 19, 2017
"The Bolt Crossbody Laptop Bag is my favorite though. It is built with the same quality I’ve come to expect from Waterfield, and it also matches the utility I’m looking for—without any excess."
MyMac - June 15, 2017
"The new Bolt Crossbody bags from WaterField Designs offer some features that add a welcome layer of convenience to your day-to-day life."
MyMac Reviews rating is 8 out of 10.
- Small: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad Pro 11"
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Go with Type Cover
- Medium: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.4”
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 12" MacBook
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Large: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 14" x 10”
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro Retina, Air Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")