All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon or brown Waxed Canvas
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16 x 10 x 8.5 inches Volume: 22 liters
- Ballistic 3.1 lbs., Waxed Canvas 3.4 lbs.
- The Atlas Executive Athletic Holdall has 3 separate compartments for 3 different, distinct functions: a Briefcase for work gear, a spacious Athletic Workout section for workout gear, and a separate, collapsible shoe pouch.
- The Briefcase comes with 2 padded pockets to protect a laptop and a tablet and additional pockets for stowing cords, power, pens, and other office items.
- The separate, roomy Athletic Workout compartment stores clean or dirty clothes. Has gold liner for easy visibility.
- The shoe pouch collapses for flexibility and separates the shoes from the clothes.
- The quick-access zippered front pocket holds keys, commute cards, wallet, phone, pens, etc.
- The back has a slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- The handle is wrapped in premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Includes a removable suspension strap for an alternate carrying style.
- Sleek, waterproof zippers to protect your gear against the elements.
- Premium, full-grain leather accents add to the bag’s professional look.
- Built to last.
- Fits the "personal item" requirements of most airlines. Example: United Airlines' personal item requirements are 9" x 10" x 17" and carry-on requirements are 9" x 14" x 22".
My name is Jeff and I’m addicted to Waterfield Design bags.
I can’t count how many bags and pouches I have from these guys but everyone single one is clearly a culmination of listening to customers, using their own products and continuously working to improve design, aesthetics, and usability.
This gym bag is ideal for a one day business trip for work or a trip to the gym.
I like how it can compact a bit to look like a smaller (less thick) bag but can expand out to hold either an extra day of clothes or a set of workout clothes.
I also have the duffel but the expandable (and hideable) shoe pouch is really an improvement. Can use for wet clothes as well.
Many comments on the water bottle pouch In other reviews... My water bottle is a Nalgene with a strap to hold the screw down lid, so I always have one of those clip carabiners which I snap on to the loop for the shoulder strap. No bottle popping out and hitting the floor or such.
Great bag overall. Like the organization and the space. Quality and feel are spot-on.
A few comments:
The shoulder suspension strap is comfortable but a quick adjuster and a little more width would be a nice addition for all day carry, especially when the bag is full.
The outside pocket for water bottle/ flask is spacious and could do with an elasticated opening or some kind of tensioner (although I have found that 2 slim 750 mL bottles/ flasks can fit in snug side by side).
The bottom of the laptop compartment could do with some padding.
I'm not convinced about the Waterfield Atlas Executive Athletic Holdall just yet.
Points I like:
- it is big enough to support my day to day commute and gym wear. No more need to carry 2 bags which is great.
Points I dislike:
- bag loses it shape and doesn't look as appealing as in the pictures
- water bottle sleeve is too wide for most bottles.. there should be a elastic strap to hold bottles or something make it tighter
- when tech compartment is loaded with laptop + ipad, carry comfort goes down and bag becomes unstable
- too little padding for tech compartment
- front pocket is too small and not convenient to access
- zippers are to open / close
- bag gets dirty easily
Again not convinced and certainly at this price point I'd expect a bit more quality...
TLDR: The bag is minimalist magic.
The details: I’ve had a few weeks to use this bag several times now. It has replaced my regular office brief, my gym bag, my airport/in-flight convenience carry-on, and my weekend/overnight pack. It can look small when I need it to (as a brief), and it can expand to a good size when I need to pack stuff into it. The ballistic nylon and leather have a luxuriant feeling and look, not like ordinary leather and nylon. Like the difference between the sound and feeling of a regular car door closing, versus the very soft elegant “chunky” sound that comes from a Mercedes car door closing. Its subtle, yet very obvious. As a daily brief, it collapses enough around the laptop and files I usually carry to look like an office bag. And the laptop compartment has good organization built-in (but not too much) to allow a laptop, a tablet, files, notepad etc to be easily put in, as well as two large deep pockets to use for gadgets, business card holder etc as you need. Again, just the right amount of organization. On gym days, all my gym gear goes into the larger compartment which is appropriately minimally structured in order to allow the space to be used as you see fit, and there is a lot of space when the bag is expanded to its maximum. The bag makes a great weekender as well due to the ample space. However, my absolute favourite use for this holdall has been as an airport and in-flight convenience bag. It is so easy and comfortable to carry in hand or on the shoulder through airports with easy access to a drinking bottle, newspaper, magazine, or laptop while waiting in the lounge or even moving around. And it gets better in-flight, because it sits very easily by my feet or under the seat in front. Again, easy access to essentials like a jacket, snacks, gadgets etc. The bag packs a lot of stuff, yet maintains a relatively small size. Its so easy, its almost stupid.
Gary and team, ya done damn good. Somebody give Gary a big hug from me.
I bought this bag as minimalist carry-on for travel.
- Extremely high quality material: the wax canvas feels so nice, yellow liner is thick and nice, leather smells so good and soft. Use metal hardwares.
- Weights lighter than it looks.
- Tons of room: Fit perfectly with my packing cube (4 pairs of clothes and undies), a large wash pouch (from other company), and a large gear pouch.
- Too easy to get cut: The leather is got couple deep cuts (not scratches) during its trip from New York to my country Vietnam.
- Leather padded handles are not aligned.
- Use velcro instead of magnet for laptop compartment.
- Bottom of laptop compartment is not padded.
In general, I love my bag and this is the best US$440 I've ever spent.
The Gadgeteer - March 11, 2018
"Waterfield has done an excellent job engineering this bag for the athletic urban warrior, creating a professional looking EDC bag for all your tech and gym gear alike."
The Briefcase compartment can fit the following items.
- The padded laptop pocket fits devices up to 13.75" x 9.5", like:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- The tablet pocket fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", like:
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Apple Smart Folio Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Two deep pockets can hold power cords, cables, and other tech gear
- A notebook, file folder, and other office documents can fit in the main compartment
- Assorted workout gear, including towel, water bottle, supplement
- A change of work clothes, etc.
- The separate, collapsible shoe pocket can hold a pair of gym shoes or work shoes