All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Unfortunately I need to carry two laptops with me. I’ve been carrying two bags for quite some time, and decided it was time to simply my life a bit. This bag is perfect for my needs. It may not have enough room for everyone, but it’s working out great for me. I have a 14” Lenovo and a 16” MacBook Pro. I carry a tiny third party GAN USB C charger, and that’s it. I could probably stuff a few more items in the bag, but that’s all I really need. If you just need to carry two laptops and not much else, this is excellent.
This bag is just well thought out. It is precisely sized to carry my two Airs, an iPad mini, two slimline wall chargers, the requisite C-C and C-lightning cables and a few documents. The sleeves and pockets are lined with that trademark yellow which turns out to be a lot more helpful when searching for something than I thought it would be [something for you to learn, Tom Bihn] and there is sufficient cushioning to keep laptops safe and dent free. All of that and it's still compact enough to suit my minimalist nature. The combination of chocolate leather and black ballistic fabric provides a unique look that has my partner envious. I see social media posts about Waterfield bags over a decade in use that still look excellent so am hoping to be carrying this bag for years to come. Well worth the price.
I bought this bag because it seemed to be made with great materials and craftsmanship. It absolutely did not disappoint. It's very high quality and feels like it will last a lifetime. I'm so happy with my bag and look forward to my next purchase from Waterfield Designs! :-)
I recently received my first Waterfield bag (Outback Duo Laptop Bag). I’m completely satisfied.
Frankly, I never used the saddleback bags that were gifted to me years ago because there was no protective lining or way to organize my gear but your bags rock!! BTW I threw the saddleback bags into the garage with the rest of my junk to make more room for your bags!
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
The Outback Duo comes in two sizes, each with two padded laptop compartments. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments.
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 16" x 9.75"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Suface Studio Laptop
- Surface Book 3 (15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)