All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16" MacBook Pro (size #6): 14.75" (l) x 10.5 " (h); 1.35 lb
- 13” MacBook Air Retina (size #40): 12.75" (l) x 9.25 " (h); 1.20 lb
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar (size #38): 12.75" (l) x 9.25" (h); 1.20 lbs
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Magic Keyboard (size #31): TBD
- iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #30): 12.5" (l) x 9" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard (size #29): TBD
- iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #28): 11" (l) x 7.75" (h); 1.05 lb
37.46 (l) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.61 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
31.75 (l) x 22.86 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
27.94 (l) x 19.68 (h) cm; 0.47 kg
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile.
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items.
- Premium full-grain leather flap.
- Includes removable shoulder strap.
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage.
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the MacBook or iPad in or out.
I purchased this for my new Mac Book Pro and I absolutely love it. Well worth the money and the last and only case I will ever buy. I'd buy this again 100 times over and will suggest Waterfield Designs to anybody who will listen. Fantastic customer service and quality of product Waterfield has a customer for life in me.
Well, first off, the Solo is built to last. I have the canvas and leather version and managed to let it fall onto broken asphalt the first day. iPad and contents were unscathed, but the leather got scuffed up. I gave it a quick scrub with my hand and the bag looks better for the bumps and bruises.
The iPad portion of the bag fits my 11 Pro with MKK like a glove. The small pocket on front is big enough to house all the bits and bobs I need to carry around with me but small enough so I don’t overload the bag with junk I don’t need. Perfect.
I wish I’d had this bag 30 years ago - might not have the shoulder and back issues I have today.
Awesome job, Gary! Way worth the $.
Great bag, exceptional customer service!!!
My iPad Pro fits snuggly into the sleeve and the front pocket works for the accessories I am likely to want to carry. Top notch construction. Perhaps some sort of wallet to fit into the front pocket having some compartments for regularly carried items would make it a bit handier. For now I am using a small sleeve to minimize rummaging through the capacious front compartment. Now, if only I could be traveling again, or at least showing it off at a favorite cafe.
I had a great experience with WaterField/SFbags!
I went for a minimalist shoulder-carry bag, the Outback Solo. I ordered one for the latest iPad Pro 12.9 with Magic Keyboard, then switched for the MacBook Pro Touch Bar, which is just 1/4 inch larger in two dimensions so that I could carry one or the other PLUS stuff in some 11.5x8 inch paper documents.
The Bag appearance, production execution, and weight are delightful!
The waxed canvas and chocolate leather flap look casual and lux at the same time. The simple magnetic closure -- exactly a "no hassle" solution.
A BIG PLUS I saw in the design and proved when I got it is this: the removable shoulder strap and metal attachment clasps. These are light but, best of all, the design assures that bag will rest in a comfortable way and clasps never touch (thus do no abrade) one clothing in anyway. A considerate and fantastic design solution!
I recommend the product and the company without reservation.
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
Apple MacBook & iPad Pro
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13” MacBook Air Retina
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- iPad 12.9” with NEW Magic Keyboard
- iPad 11” with NEW Magic Keyboard
Microsoft Surface (see the Outback Solo for Surface)
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 3 & 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 3 & 2 15 inch
Others (see the Outback Solo for Laptops and Tablets)
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items. It has a built-in pocket for the Surface Pen or Apple Pencil 2, and one for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The back pocket can fit documents and other items.