All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon or brown Waxed Canvas
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
- Atlas Holdall: 17” (l) x 8” (w) x 11” (h)
- Atlas Holdall Weight: Ballistic: 3.1 lbs. / 1.40 kg.
43.18 (l) x 20.32 (w) x 27.94 (h) cm
Volume: 24.5 liters
Waxed Canvas: 3.4 lbs. / 1.54 kg.
- Three separate compartments for 3 distinct functions: a Briefcase for work gear, a spacious Athletic Workout section for gym gear, and a separate, collapsible shoe pouch.
- The Briefcase has2 padded pockets to protect a laptop and a tablet and pockets for stowing cords, power, pens, and other office items.
- The separate, roomy Athletic Workout compartment stores clean or dirty clothes. Has gold liner for easy visibility.
- The shoe pouch collapses for flexibility and separates the shoes from the clothes.
- The quick-access zippered front pocket holds keys, commute cards, wallet, phone, pens, etc.
- The back has a slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- The handle is wrapped in premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Includes a removable shoulder strap for an alternate carrying style.
- Sleek, waterproof zippers to protect your gear against the elements.
- Premium, full-grain leather accents add to the bag’s professional look.
- Built to last.
- Fits the "personal item" requirements of most airlines. Example: United Airlines' personal item requirements are 9" x 10" x 17" and carry-on requirements are 9" x 14" x 22".
Overall great bag. Just two points to improve.
1. You can’t zip close the main and laptop compartment with one hand. This is due to the structure of the bag somewhat collapse if in the center when come stuffed full. This cause you to use two hand to zip close the bag.
2. In the main compartment I would like to see another zippered pocket. There’s only one small one on one side. Would be nice to have an additional pocket on the other side of the main compartment.
My dad is rough on his short trip bags. He opened this was a really excited about it. He said that it was perfect for work trips, and he couldn’t believe how much he could fit into it!
This has been brilliant for short work trips given the compartment space and pockets for laptop. Mix of documents and clothes. I pair it with my Outback Solo too!
My name is Jeff and I’m addicted to Waterfield Design bags.
I can’t count how many bags and pouches I have from these guys but everyone single one is clearly a culmination of listening to customers, using their own products and continuously working to improve design, aesthetics, and usability.
This gym bag is ideal for a one day business trip for work or a trip to the gym.
I like how it can compact a bit to look like a smaller (less thick) bag but can expand out to hold either an extra day of clothes or a set of workout clothes.
I also have the duffel but the expandable (and hideable) shoe pouch is really an improvement. Can use for wet clothes as well.
Many comments on the water bottle pouch In other reviews... My water bottle is a Nalgene with a strap to hold the screw down lid, so I always have one of those clip carabiners which I snap on to the loop for the shoulder strap. No bottle popping out and hitting the floor or such.
Great bag overall. Like the organization and the space. Quality and feel are spot-on.
A few comments:
The shoulder suspension strap is comfortable but a quick adjuster and a little more width would be a nice addition for all day carry, especially when the bag is full.
The outside pocket for water bottle/ flask is spacious and could do with an elasticated opening or some kind of tensioner (although I have found that 2 slim 750 mL bottles/ flasks can fit in snug side by side).
The bottom of the laptop compartment could do with some padding.
The Gadgeteer - March 11, 2018
"Waterfield has done an excellent job engineering this bag for the athletic urban warrior, creating a professional looking EDC bag for all your tech and gym gear alike."
The Briefcase compartment can fit the following items.
- The padded laptop pocket fits devices up to 14.09" x 9.68", like:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- The tablet pocket fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", like:
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Apple Smart Folio Keyboard
- Surface Pro X with Type Cover
- Surface Pro Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Two deep pockets can hold power cords, cables, and other tech gear
- A notebook, file folder, and other office documents can fit in the main compartment
- Assorted workout gear, including towel, water bottle, supplement
- A change of work clothes, etc.
- The separate, collapsible shoe pocket can hold a pair of gym shoes or work shoes