- Product Info
- What Fits
Have a Field Day! The lightweight Field Muzetto includes a padded compartment for protecting your MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, iPad Pro, and other similarly sized devices (see "What Fits"). Thoughtfully-placed details like an interior secure zippered pocket, a no-scratch, lightly padded front pocket with a smartphone pocket inside it, and an open back pocket, lets you neatly organize other gear. Adjust the strap to wear cross body for the commute or over a shoulder for more formal settings.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Lightweight brown waxed, cotton canvas
- Full-grain chocolate leather accent under flap
- Adjustable strap (up to 64") with non-slip shoulder pad
- Small: 10.5 x 9 x 1.5 inches; 1.15 lbs. Volume: 2.25 Liters
- Medium: 13.5 x 10 x 2.25 inches; 1.55 lbs. Volume: 5 Liters
- Large: 15 x 11.5 x 2.5 inches; 1.95 lbs. Volume: 7 Liters
- Fully padded compartment for protecting laptop or tablet
- Secure zippered pocket inside main compartment
- Padded front pocket with smartphone pocket
- Hidden magnets secure the flap shut
- Open back pocket
- Small built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 9.75" x 7":
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Go
- Medium built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 13" x 9":
- 13-inch MacBook with Touch Bar, Retina, Air Retina
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 2
- Surface Pro 6 with type cover
- Dell XPS 13
- Large built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 14" x 10.5":
- 15-inch MacBook with Touch bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (15")
- Dell XPS 15
GearDiary - February 1, 2016
“As you may not expect, I really love this bag. Then again, I am partial to Waterfield bags in general. This offering, however, really stands out to me as something that can serve a variety of purposes, is comfortable and functional to carry and looks great. I am enjoying the Waterfield Field Muzetto and know you will too.”
SuperSite for Windows - November 23, 2015
“The bag is sized just right, highly durable, and contains the pocket features I need to be highly mobile yet carry just what I need for a trip.”
We love the design and the durable material. Great products!
The Field Muzetto is yet another great bag from Gary Waterfield but I must admit that I liked my Bolt Cross-Body bag better.
I recently switched from a Surface Pro 5 to a Surface Book 2 and as the Surface Book does not fit into my beloved Bolt, the Field Muzetto seemed like an appropriate next bag. The Muzetto does not seem to have as much useful space as the Bolt, especially when I use the SF Bags' Surface accessories poch to store my Surface Mouse, power adapter, and stylus. In addition, the Muzetto sits differently on the hip when worn and the lack of a handle on the back makes it a bit more difficult to manage when getting into and out of cabs.
Here's what I think could be changed to improve the Muzetto:
1) Add a handle on the back of the bag, similar to the Bolt Cross-Body;
2) Increase the fore/aft depth of the bag by about 0.5 inches to give a little extra room for the gear inside;
3) Add a small pocket to the outside flap of the bag for small things like gum, USB sticks, etc.; and
4) Lower the mounting point of the D-rings about an inch so the bag stays closer to the body when being worn. The Bolt was ultra-comfortable in that respect.
So there you have it. I still recommend the Field Muzetto but I love my Bolt Cross-Body better.
YYMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
Got the medium size bag for my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro, they fit absolutely perfectly and there is even room for more (water bottle, books etc). Absolutely perfect for uni, slim, very durable and looks great.
Why is the bag liner colored gold?
The gold liner allows you to see the contents of your bag more easily and locate items more quickly. (With black or patterned liners, contents tend to blend in an be difficult to identify.)
Is your grippy Shoulder Pad included in the price of the Field Muzetto?
Yes, each Muzetto comes with a grippy shoulder pad that is about five inches long and dime thin. It allows the strap to slide through it so you can change from walking mode to access mode without taking the Muzetto off your shoulder. When you reach into your car or down to retrieve something the shoulder pad keeps the bag firmly in place.
How do you suggest I clean the waxed canvas?
Waxed Canvas isn’t the easiest item on the planet to clean - part of the character-building process with Waxed Canvas is how it ages with scuffs, dirt, stains and all. Still, there are things you can do. This article gives you a good idea of how to clean and re-wax if and when you are ready. They suggest using dish soap and soft brush to clean, then drip dry, then take a hot hairdryer to heat up the wax and redistribute it. This will soften any blemishes and help with the dirt. The lines and crinkles on the waxed canvas are actually normal, and happens in shipping sometimes. All you have to do is use a hair dryer and you can flatten out the wax with your hand.
How does the flap stay closed?
We have designed the bag with hidden magnets between the layers of material.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
Waterfield Muzetto is perfect for iPad!!
My Macs in Muzetto & Racer-X
Fantastic products made in the USA
Not one day without my Muzetto!
Muzetto is the best bag period!
Great product, very proud American craftspeople