Outback Solo Case for MacBook, iPad Pro, and Surface Pro
Fits the iPad Pro, MacBook, Surface Pro 6
- Product Info
- What Fits
Slim profile. This, lightweight, compact Outback Solo has a wide front pocket to accommodate a range of accessories. The main compartment is sized to fit the Surface Book 2 13.5-inch and 15-inch, MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and the 11" and 12.9" iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
Dimensions & Weight:
- #30 - iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 12.5" x 9"; 1.15 lbs.
- #28 - iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 11" x 7.75; 1.05 lbs.
- #40 - 13” MacBook Air Retina; 12.75" x 9.25", 1.20 lbs.
- #39 - 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 14.5" x 10.5", 1.45 lbs.
- #38 - 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 12.75" x 9.25", 1.20 lbs.
- #37 - 12" MacBook: 11.75" x 8.5", .85 lbs
- #14 - Surface Book 2 (15”): 15” x 10.25”, 1.8 lbs.
- #16 - Surface Book 2 (13.5”): 13.25" x 10.5", 1.7 lbs
- #20 - Surface Pro 6: 12.5” x 8.5”, 1.3 lbs.
- Magnetic closure
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items
- Premium full-grain leather flap
- Includes removable shoulder strap
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the Surface in our out
The Outback Solo is custom-fit for:
The front pocket has a built-in pocket for the Surface Pen or Apple Pencil 2, as well as a iPhone XS. It can fit the power supply, cords, and other small items.The back pocket can fit documents and other items.
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
Overall the bag seems well made, the leather top is very nice. However, the ballistic nylon seems a bit thin. For the $$, I expected the fabric to be tauter like a very nice laptop bag (I have a nice laptop bag, and paid a bit less for it than this iPad bag). Also, the compartment where the iPad goes is very stiff. It's like the neoprene of the bag and rubber of the Keyboard folio stick to each other. So while it's easier to remove the device (thanks to the loop at the bottom) inserting is another story. One would expect it to slide right in.
In spite of the these experiences, I plan to keep the bag as the concept is good and it should get the job done. But I'm not as impressed as I hoped.
Waterfield Designs makes such high quality stuff! This Outback Solo Case is my third Waterfield product! It is gorgeous, feels premium and smells like only high-quality leather can! It really does look like I’m carting around Indiana Jones’ bag. My MacBook Air sits snug inside the neoprene padded compartment and I can load my charger and cable in the front pocket without the slightest bulge. Super happy! Quite a bit pricier than other laptop bag options, but it’s done right—out of high quality materials right here in the US of A!
Is the bag water resistant?
The waxed canvas and leather are both water resistant and should keep the device inside dry should you find yourself without an umbrella in the rain. However, we do not recommend taking your Outback Solo for a swim.
Does the flap open up on its own?
The magnetic closure keeps the flap securely fastened on the outer front of your bag.
What else can I carry in the Solo?
The Solo was designed to transport just the essentials— the device, power, a phone and wallet. However, people have put a small tablet in one of the pockets. In a pinch, this can also be used as a handsome general purpose carry-all if the device is taken out.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"I’m moving from a 1 to a 10 on the style scale. It’s a beautiful bag."
Sleevecase was for backpack. Now solo.
Outback Solo Bag serving while Deployed
Outback Solo - Shiek, Lightweight