All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 6”-1.5" (w) tapers at top x 15.5” (h); 2.4 lbs. (ballistic), 2.9 lbs. (canvas)
28.57 (l) x 15.24-3.81 (w) tapers at top x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.1 kg (ballistic), 1.3 kg (canvas)
Volume: 14.5 Liters
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps.
- Full-grain leather bottom for extra durability.
- Two padded laptop and tablet compartments.
- Comfortable leather handles for easy grab-and-go.
- Two deep side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- Breathable mesh back padding for wicking away sweat.
- Back pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Contains light foam padding to prevent sagging and keeps the backpack upright.
- An everyday backpack with clean lines, water-proof zipper, and full grain leather accents.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- Expandable front saddle pocket is secured with a front full grain leather flap. The pocket includes a key clip and organizational pockets.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I love this bag for its stellar build quality, compact size (yet surprising capacity), and comfort - but there are a few small changes I would suggest that, at least to this user, would make it perfect. 1. Move the key fob to the side where the pen holders are - that way it can be tucked in to the holder when not needed, instead of hanging over the pocket I use for stashing phone/passport. 2. Make the laptop sleeves removable, so that they can be used as a case when out of the bag and also to increase bag capacity when not traveling with laptop/tablet etc. 3. Add the magnetic water bottle pocket closures as used in the Tuck - love that feature. 4. Put some kind of closure (Velcro? Magnetic?) at the bottom of the roller case handle sleeve on the back so that it can be used for storage of and quick access to a book or magazine. 5. This may be a patented feature but when I owned a Tumi backpack I did really like the hidden magnetic closure drop pocket between the top grab handle and the shoulder straps for quickly storing a phone or wallet when going through airport security. Minor changes, maybe, but for me they would make this my go-to work AND personal travel bag. (By the way, I am taking it on a two-week trip to Europe and I managed to fit in a spare pair of shoes, two changes of clothes, a rain jacket, wash kit, two books, two phones, chargers, passport & credit cards and I still have space for snacks …
Totally love my new Mezzo. The size, the colour, the look all as I expected. I am using it now I as write this review. Filled with new MacBook Pro 14 which is inside the Waterfield leather sleeve, my glasses which are inside the Waterfield glasses duo leather case. I must be in the Waterfield eco system. Completely impressed with my new backpack. The handle is a dream to hold. They’ve done it again.
I was looking for a functional and high quality backpack and found it in the Mezzo. It is not too small and not too big and the perfect size for travel. I was able to fit my iPad pro, Switch, accessory bag and the Macbook Pro fits in there fine (didn't bring it on this trip though). The side pockets are also girthy - my 32oz Camelbak water bottle fit and stayed in there perfectly. This will be my second purchase from Waterfield and I’m as impressed in the quality, look and finish just like the first time. When everything is made overseas, I still think it’s so dope that it’s actually made in SF (grew up in the Bay when I was a youngin). Anyhow, loving my bag.
I will tell you why I love my new Mezzo, but first some background. I am apparently OCD about bags and have two closetfuls to prove it. Through the years I have bought numerous Tumis and Tom Bihns and Eagle Creeks and no-name cheapies.
In my long-running effort to find the perfect bag, the Mezzo is the first that checks all the boxes. It's the right size for a day on the road or going to work. It is lightweight. It is well made.
Here's the big stuff: When you open it up, the bright orange fabric makes it easy to find things. I am baffled why so many companies make good bags except that it's impossible to find anything in them on that late night flight back home.
You can easily adjust the straps while you are wearing the bag, as opposed to those bags that have to be taken off and laid on a table to adjust because the hardware looks nice but is unfriendly.
The Mezzo has two well-sized bottle pockets on the outside, just in case you'd like to take water AND coffee onto the plane. A luggage slip is also important. Check.
The magnetic buckle on the outside pocket is wonderful. Fun, even.
The Mezzo has just enough pockets to keep me organized, with a pouch or two thrown in, which is better than a bag with 55 pockets that supposedly means I'm organized but actually means that I cannot remember what went where.
Finally, here's the big winning feature that I was not expecting. It is a handsome bag rather than something that looks like military gear or a collection of zippers and flaps. Until now I never particularly cared how the bag looked as long as it did the job. Now that I have one that both does the job AND looks great, I find it's a relief. No worries, you can take this one anywhere and feel comfortable doing so.
Well done, SFbags!
I just took my mezzo on a road trip over the holidays and OMG! The bag is just the right size and was able to get my iPad, MacBook, and various cords, etc with room to spare! I love all of my SF Bags and cases!
GBAtemp - Mar 30, 2021
“I never expected to have such fanatical feelings towards backpacks, but the Waterfield Mezzo is such a nice, well-made thing, with so much utility without going overboard, that I just love it.”
9.4 out of 10
The Mezzo Laptop Backpack is all I need to take my 16-inch MacBook Pro, iPad, accessories on the road
Apple World Today - January 27, 2020
“The WaterField backpack isn’t inexpensive. But you’ll be hard pressed to find one that’s more rugged, easier to use, and which is as handsome.”
The mid-sized Mezzo Laptop Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The expandable front saddle pocket holds easy-to-access items and is secured with a flap. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo Thinkpad 14" fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Gary R., Omaha, US)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items.