All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs. 31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
I have been looking for a backpack that can match up to the quality of my new Apple Macbook Pro 16" inch, and the Bolt backpack is the perfect one, a practical and multiple functional backpack with supreme quality.
I needed a new backpack for daily carry as I travel frequently for work. This bag has the perfect balance of utility, professional look (without looking like Elon Musk), rugged, and practical with quick access and luggage pass-through. The materials are especially beautiful. I applied a little beeswax balm to the leather to make it look even richer; I’d definitely recommend that you do the same.
I’m one of those guys who has a closet of backpacks (business and photography) — a sort of “cemetery” for bags that looked good, seemed good, but failed to satisfy. Case in point, my last bag had what I thought was everything I wanted, but ended up having so many pockets in hard to get to places that it became unusable. So like every bag I get, I got my Bolt Backpack with skeptical enthusiasm. But wait — low and behold — I think I finally found THE ONE. It looks good, is built great, and everything just seems to work just right. Pockets are in the right place, and there are not too few and not too many of them. All my stuff - which includes lots of cables and connectors - has a logical place. And plenty of room for something like a camera or overnight change of clothes. So is this the “perfect” bag. Darn close. Perfection is hard to come by. But this one checks all the boxes. Finally.
If you are considering buying it, just do it. It's high quality bag you will have for the rest of your life. Perfect for everyday carry, travelling, and the office. I put on my previous backpack (rhymes with Dansport) after like a week of using this backpack, and was shocked at the contrast in quality.
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio (11", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go