All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I own the bolt briefcase in both canvas and nylon. Yes overkill but the canvas was a bit heavy and I missed the return window. But I liked, so hence why I bought the nylon. Which is pretty much a great bag. Now to the my current purchase of Duo Laptop Brief. This one I purchased to use during business travel since I will only be carrying the essentials. All I can say is WOW. This truly is the perfect bag. It really carries minimally but it has great capacity. Brilliant work on the front gusseted pocket which allows for the essentials without compromising the inner part of the bag. Inside there’s plenty of room for a laptop and a tablet with room to spare. Kudos to whomever designed this bag. Had I purchased this bag first, I probably would not have purchased the Bolt Briefcase. But I honestly am glad I have both. The canvas will got to some lucky buyer on Poshmark as soon as I list it. If you’re on the fence and just need to daily carry the essentials, this bag will work very well for you. Don’t hesitate. Just buy it.
Nice handles, nice look
This had got to be one of the slimmest dual-laptop bags I've ever had. Not only does it looks great, it also fits 2 15.6" Dell laptops with no problems. Although all the accessories now have to live in the front flap, it surprisingly took up less space than I imagined it would. It doesn't overly bulge out either. Additionally, the shoulder strap distributes the weight nicely and doesn't slip around. Top notch.
I take the train every day to the office. I need to take a few essentials; a laptop, iPad, notebook, Kindle, mouse, and some power cords, that's it. I have bigger bags that work, but they always end up with extra stuff and then get heavy. This bag handles what you need and looks great. It is my second Waterfield bag, I can't say enough about the quality of the construction and the thoughtfulness of the design.
Unfortunately I need to carry two laptops with me. I’ve been carrying two bags for quite some time, and decided it was time to simply my life a bit. This bag is perfect for my needs. It may not have enough room for everyone, but it’s working out great for me. I have a 14” Lenovo and a 16” MacBook Pro. I carry a tiny third party GAN USB C charger, and that’s it. I could probably stuff a few more items in the bag, but that’s all I really need. If you just need to carry two laptops and not much else, this is excellent.
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
The Outback Duo comes in two sizes, each with two padded laptop compartments. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments.
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 16" x 9.75"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Suface Studio Laptop
- Surface Book 3 (15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)