All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I am a big fan of the Staad slim backpack, which has been discontinued. I needed a little more space to carry workout clothes one day a week, so I got this Sutter Slim.
My context: long daily commute on a bus with WiFi. The commute is my most productive time of the day and I keep working to the last minute, then rapidly put everything away just in time to hop off the bus.
- definitely fits a 13” MacBook Pro laptop, tablet, three phones, chargers and cables, umbrella, and my workout clothes
- looks great — smoother profile than the Staad
- more pockets
- same great yellow lining
- The Velcro strap seems unnecessary to me. Thinking about cutting it off. Slows me down and risks scratching the laptop.
- The zipper closure takes time to close and I’m always nervous about scratching the laptop as I slide it in. The Staad has a flap closure and no zipper. Much faster.
- can’t easily just put everything in the bag and hop off the bus, as stated in other points in this section. Carrying with the zipper open doesn’t work of course whereas the flap on the Staad can be folded over without actually snapping it in place.
- the key ring is in the side pocket. I keep my phone in there and would prefer having the keys inside the bag. Maybe an additional key ring inside would have helped?
- the tech bag (optional) is too bulky.
Build quality from WaterField is incredible. The only thing I wish I did was order the size up from this backpack.
Sutter Slim Backpack
This bag not only looks great and seems to hold more than you’d think. I've gotten an 11” iPad, t-shirt, two small kit bags, an orange, banana (really!), water bottle, and a frozen dinner for lunch at work. Yes, it was a bit tight, but it worked!
I had a smaller bag from another company that didn’t have the height, or the front pockets of this one. That makes all the difference. For days when I can use a smaller bag, this is going to be perfect.
With that being said, I’d make just two changes: 1) add pockets on the sides for a water bottle and one for an umbrella.; and 2) make the front to back width of the main compartment about ½” bigger- from 3.75” to about 4.25”. That little extra space would be great.
Extremely thoughtful design. Pockets are where I want them. Zippers are where I need them. They have anticipated how the bag is worn and slung around exceedingly well. I fit a laptop, my Surface Pro with Type Cover, AirPods Max with Shield Case (another great product), and my water bottle in the main compartment, leaving all other zippered areas for chargers, snacks, keys, whatever. The straps on bottom do dig into your sides if you wear your backpack tighter to your body but I have mine loosened up and don’t really feel them. Weight distribution is gray and even packed heavy, it isn’t a chore to carry. Well done guys!
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 13" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- 15" Lenovo Thinkpad fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Douglas S., Goodyear, US)
See also the Sutter Slim Backpack - Magic Keyboard Size for more options.