All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Top handle for grab and go situations.
- Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I’ve Purchased Many Bags And Sleeves From Waterfield Designs Over The Years. This Sling Lives Up To Every Other Bag I’ve Purchased From Them. I Could Not Be More Pleased ! I Love Everything About It !
Sutter Tech Sling
So far really happy with it. I wanted a bag just big enough for my iPad Pro 12.9 with Magic Keyboard, and it’s an exact fit. It’s also very comfortable to sling over a shoulder. My other goal was to downsize from a full messenger bag, since I finished grad school and no longer need to carry textbooks, so it’s a win.
One suggestion - I do wish it had a business card pocket stitched above the other internal pockets.
They got all of the details right. The quality style and size are perfect for every day essentials!
Thank you! Everything is wonderful!
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Compact: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad with Magic Keyboard (2021)
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- 14" Macbook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop Studio
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo C940 fits in Full Size (Arthur W., Wichita, US)
- Lenovo X1 Gen. 4 fits in Full Size (David J., Henderson, US)
- 13" ThinkPad X380 fits in Full Size (Miles H., Alpharetta, US)