All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size:
16" (l) x 8.25" (w) x 10.25" (h)
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
- Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (l) x 1.25 (w) x 8 (h) inches; 5 oz.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with secured leather flap (Fits optional iPad Mini and iPad 11'' Air Caddy ). Optional 12.9'' Air Caddy for the iPad Pro fits in the main compartment.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Great bag. Perfect size, well organized, well built.
First Trip - It’s Awesome. My MacBook, iPad, files, and other travel stuff fit perfectly. I take a small commuter jet to a larger airport, and this bag fits UPRIGHT under those seats, so I was amazed at the start. I really like that I can access everything from the top without having to pull it up in my lap. The construction looks a little wonky around one of the zippers, but I checked it and it’s a solid stitch. This bag is heavy duty and it matches my Filson bags well. Highly recommend. (Photo: tucked away under an event table at a trade show)
For a 1-2 day trip, business or personal, this bay is ideal. Carryon size and can go under a seat if necessary. Carries clothes and laptop and accessories with ease. Tough shell too.
I just used the Air Duffel Carry-On for a recent trip. It was super easy to transport on my wheeled baggage and it held all of the items I needed easy access to. The bag is surprisingly spacious with just enough compartments to keep documents and assorted travel items well-organized. The bag is stylish without drawing attention and the construction is very high quality. So pleased to be able to purchase from a company that designs AND manufactures high-quality travel gear in the U.S.!
I was back and forth on this bag, and the Bolt duffel. I have a Bolt Briefcase and liked that this acted as a briefcase and a weekend bag, I didn’t want to carry a Duffel AND a briefcase. I had a 2 day trip when I ordered it, they were able to ship quick. I have a 2 day trip coming up flying to Florida, and I have no doubt this bag will hold what I need.
To give an idea of what it held for the first trip, pair of Jeans, shorts, sweatshirt, bathing suit, 4 T-Shirts, underwear, socks, sandals, my iPad, Kindle, 2 chargers and cables for my iPhone and iPad, toiletry bag. I had it stuffed for its maiden voyage and it all fit. That’s exactly what I needed it to be, and it was easy to carry. Now I’ll be getting on a plane, and I like that this is just going under by my feet. When the plane lands, grab it and go!
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 9
- Surface Pro 7+
- Surface Laptop 4 (13.5")
- And other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- Book, magazines, files
- Lunch, snacks, munchies
- Jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- A change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- And other similarly-sized devices