All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One Size:
12.5" (l) x 6" (w) x 15" (h); 2.4 lbs
31.75 (l) x 15.2 (w) x 38 (h) cm; 1.08 kg
Volume: 18.4 liters
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps.
- Full-grain leather flap and front panel for extra durability.
- Two padded laptop and tablet compartments.
- Comfortable handles for easy grab-and-go.
- Two deep side pockets with magnetic closure for water bottle or umbrella.
- Single-direction magnetic clasps keep securely closed and attract for effortless fastening.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- Breathable mesh back padding for wicking away sweat.
- Back pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Firm foam inserts reinforce the front, back, and bottom panels to help stand upright.
- An everyday backpack with clean lines, water-proof zipper, and compact profile.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- When not full, the backpack’s textile sides crease and then synch under its leather flap, keeping it compact.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
This bag really screams quality: all materials are well designed and feel good to the touch. The leather smells like real quality leather and the shoulder straps are soft. Also, I like that the bag stands up on its own.
However, I have one major problem with this bag: when I put in my 16” M1 Max MacBook Pro with the Waterfield Neo Sleeve, the MacBook is protruding quite a bit out of its compartment. This wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t for the leather flap. When I slide my finger under the flap from the side I can feel the aluminum from the MacBook - and when there’s room for my finger, there’s definitely a chance of rain entering the backpack and ruining your 4000$ purchase.
All in all, I really like the look but I’m worried going into the winter season here in Germany, where it can rain heavily. The bag is just too expensive for only being a “summer backpack” in my opinion. Cannot recommend.
The Tuck Backpack is an excellent bag and especially good when traveling to conferences. Highly recommend.
Just got my Tuck backpack. It's truly excellent quality. Thanks Gary!
This backpack is seriously the best I've ever owned; it fits so much and yet feels so compact. It comfortably fits my 14' HP Spectre, iPad Mini, Switch, a change of clothes, a pair of shoes, and honestly looks like it could fit more. I always loved bags that have the big flap on top but was always put off by the fiddly buckles/flimsy magnets, but the Fidlock buckles are a godsend. Thank you for such an amazing product!
I was happy with pro executive and wanted another functional good looking, elegant backpack and this one fulfill the criteria.. it looks good, stands on it its own (very important to me) light and functional .. highly recommended
(GadgetExplained) - February 22, 2022
“The new Tuck Backpack by WaterField Designs is a highly practical flap backpack with an attractive utilitarian design that makes you look good on every occasion!”
iMore - February 14, 2022
“Bottom line: The Tuck is slim but incredibly spacious. In fact, it can adapt to your needs, and it will last a lifetime.”
4.5 / 5
9to5Mac - February 8, 2022
“It’s a compact bag when you’re just using it to carry your Apple devices and one or two other items, but is surprisingly spacious when you need to carry more.”
The Tuck Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The full-grain leather flap holds quick-to-access items and is secured with self-finding magnetic buckles. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.5” x 11.5", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover