All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Top handle for grab and go situations.
- Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Good quality job
I spent a lot of time trying to find a bag that would fit a 12.9” iPad Pro and my laptop. This bag nails it and there is still room for all the small necessities to get me through my work and school days. The iPad (with smart folio) fits perfectly in the sleeve and the laptop in the main compartment. I really like being able to swing the bag around to get my glasses, wallet, etc. An added benefit, the bag is gorgeous and a quality build.
Definitely add the handle. I was on the fence about it and only added it because there was already one made and ready to ship. I could see it being awkward grabbing the bag by just the strap with an iPad and laptop in there.
I saw a review where a complaint was the pad on the strap bunching up. They must’ve updated it because it really holds firm.
The only thing I would change is having a slightly longer strap. Fully extended, the strap is ~33” from D ring to D ring. I’m 6’1” 200 lbs mesomorph and it can be difficult to get it over my head. I read some reviews where there was concern that the strap was too short, but that wasn't the case for me. I haven’t had to wear a large winter coat yet and am concerned about that, I may work around it by unclipping the strap or maybe see if they can lengthen it. I probably should’ve reached out to Gary like another reviewer did before placing the order, but figured I was closer to an average build.
This bag is really awesome. Because of the quality of this bag, I just bought a small gear pouch for it and I can’t wait for it to get here.
I wish it had the ability to hold water on the outside. Maybe a smaller pocket on the front for a phone. Also the material on the back rubbed off some against my back. So the back is a bit ruined now. Change that material please. Other than that I love the bag so far!
Most beautiful und best designed bags ever. I love it.
In my opinion, the quality of this bag’s construction and materials used is better than Tumi. My iPad Pro fits perfectly in the main compartment. It does not fit with its cover in the padded portion, but I put my Kindle in there so all is good. I put my phone, AirPod pros and keys in the front pocket. One recommendation: Since the bag can be swung over either shoulder depending on where you attach the swivel, you need to be able to secure the zipper on the both sides of the front pocket. If you leave the zipper open, or if the zipper works its way open, you will lose everything inside. A snap or keeper for the zipper pull will do. If you update this bag, I will buy another one, that’s how much I like it.
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Compact: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad with Magic Keyboard (2021)
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- 14" Macbook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop Studio
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo C940 fits in Full Size (Arthur W., Wichita, US)
- Lenovo X1 Gen. 4 fits in Full Size (David J., Henderson, US)
- 13" ThinkPad X380 fits in Full Size (Miles H., Alpharetta, US)