All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1690 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.5” (l) x 6" (w) x 15” (h); 2.4 lbs. (ballistic), 2.9 lbs. (canvas)
29.21 (l) x 15.24 (w) x 38.1 (h) cm; 1.1 kg (ballistic), 1.3 kg (canvas)
Volume: 15 Liters
- Full-grain leather and black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas.
- Firm foam padding protects contents and helps the bag remain upright.
- Pleated front saddle pocket expands by 30%; includes interior pockets for phone and keys.
- Pocket secures with silent, full-length magnets.
- Dual-layer, full-grain leather flap secures with a self-finding magnetic Fidlock buckle.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- One padded laptop pocket and and one padded tablet pocket.
- Wheelie suitcase pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Sweat-wicking mesh in the back and on the backpack straps.
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps to enhance comfort.
- Riveted leather handle on top for easy grab-and-go.
- Two side water-bottle pockets flank the bag; each hold a 2” dia. bottle comfortably.
- Waterproof YKK zippers secures main compartment and opens from either side.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I have a bolt backpack that I use for longer trips where I wanna took a little extra gear. I also have an airport or for longer flights for more legroom so I wanted something in between that was a backpack if I have the space I try cramming things in there I like how this rides a little higher on the shoulders. It’s incredibly well-built as all water field designs are my only two critiques are that the Mac, pro 16 and the iPad 11 nine is a little tight, but they do fit in the one thing that I always like in a bag, is a key lanyard inside one of the zippered pockets, I just feel more secure with it. I love the magnetic latch also.
This is a slick, great looking pack, well made, typical WaterField quality. I would tweak some things, but overall great product.
I have ordered for SF Bags before (Airpods Max Case) and was impressed with the quality and was due for a new work bag. The Miles Laptop Backpack is a beauty. Great quality and have already gotten compliments on the bag. I opted for the Ballistic with Chocolate leather and would do it again in a heartbeat. Its a great size for me as I bring along my Macbook Pro 14-inch and iPad Mini on a daily basis. My mouse and AirPods Pros fit comfortably in the zipper pocket and my Corkcicle water bottle fits nicely in either side pocket. I would have given this a 5-star review, however I noticed that the front pocket does not securely snap close, although I can confirm there is a magnet there lined in the front pocket. I love the quick access of that pocket, however I am afraid to put anything of value in there in the case that it slips out since it doesn't securely snap shut. I am not sure if that will change over time, but will definitely monitor it. Overall, a great bag and one I think should last a while.
I've been a follower and a fan of Waterfield Designs for years and was waiting for a backpack that had the right combination of style and features to use as my daily carry.
The bag (black nylon, black leather) looks sleek and professional.
The magnetic buckle, as well as the magnetic quick-access pocket, are awesome features.
Love the side pockets for beverage bottles, I always worry about carrying them inside my bag with so much tech in there.
The should straps are very comfy and sturdy.
Aquagaurd lining on zippers for the main compartment is a great touch.
The upper part of the bag, under the leather flap, does not hold its shape well at all. It constantly has a crumpled look which detracts from the sleek profile. It is visible on the upper corners too where the flap does not cover.
The adjustable straps connecting the shoulder straps to the bottom of the bag feel very thin and cheap. Not the luxe nylon feel on my Tumi or Peak Design backpacks. I'm sad to see them skimp on this.
There is a weird cinch on the front where the bottom of the front pocket connects to the base of the bag. In the product videos, it is an even plane, keeping a straight profile. But on mine, it slants inward towards the base, and then the base sort of slants back out on a diagonal angle as well. It makes it look like a defect and I'm not a fan.
I'm not sure if the zippers are YKK, but there is some tension and stickiness when unzipping the main compartment. Not that super smooth glide one would expect.
Given the price and the reputation for the quality of WD bags, I'm somewhat disappointed with this purchase. I don't like how the bag crumples easily, especially around the top area. I'm not sure if the indented angles on the front are an anomaly or that's how all the bags look but it is awkward to me. It has some really cool features - magnets + side pockets. It also stands upright when you put it down which is great.
There is no true "quick access" area because you need to unbuckle the leather flap to access the front pocket. I'm concerned about this bag maintaining its shape over time which sucks given how long these products are supposed to last.
Overall, I'll use it for now but had hoped for more from my first Waterfield backpack considering how long I've been anticipating owning one.
Love it for the office or the boardroom. Classy enough for both and functional for everyday. Build quality is solid and the gold interior is a fantastic design element.
The Miles Laptop Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The expandable pleated front pocket holds easy-to-access items and is secured with a leather flap. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
1. The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
2. The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items.
The main compartment holds notebooks, documents, files, and other office essentials.