All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 denier black ballistic nylon or rugged waxed canvas
- Water-resistant, cross-woven Forza fabric
- Four full-grain leather panel colors
- More details here
Weight & Dimensions:
- AirPods Max Shield Case: 9.50” (l) (at widest point) x 2.25 ” (w) x 9” (h)
- Weight: Ballistic: 11 oz; 317 gm
24 cm (l) (at widest point) x 6 cm (w) x 23 cm (h)
Canvas: 14 oz; 408 gm
Forza: 11 oz; 317 gm
- Waterproof zippers
- Magnetic Leather or Nylon (vegan friendly) Butterfly separates headphones and puts AirPods Max into low power mode.
- Top and bottom layers of closed-cell foam protect AirPods Max and resist compression.
- Smooth-gliding waterproof zippers help protect against the elements.
- Ultra-plush lining backed with additional soft foam prevents scratches.
- Zip-around closure with dual zipper sliders allows for in-case charging.
- Top nylon loop makes it easy to grab, or to hook a carabiner.
- Interior pocket holds a power block.
- Exterior stretch mesh back pocket for accessories.
- Front full-grain leather or panel contains an easy-access pocket with a bit of depth for storing bulkier items.
- Optional attachments for carrying the AirPods Max Shield Case with a carabiner or wrist loop.
- Can insert into other bags, like our WaterField backpacks, briefcases, messengers and holdall bags.
Great materials and construction. I think the rigidity of the case should be slightly increased for increased protection of headphones, as the case seems to be on the softer side.
Look, when you buy from SF Bags you’re gonna get a great product. Craftsmanship is top notch. Materials are high quality. My AirPods Max are protected well and the accessories pockets are very usable.
The only issue I have is that the magnets in the case don’t always align perfectly to the magnets in the headphones and it results in battery drain. Even when I make sure they are aligned when I first put them in, any movement seems to ruin the alignment and turn the AirPods on and then the battery drain (This is where those accessory pockets come in clutch. I store a small portable battery to make sure I don’t run out of juice).
Still, I highly recommend this case to AirPods Max owners. It’s the case that Cupertino should’ve shipped. It’s the best AirPods Max case on the market.
This case is awesome as far as protecitng my Airpods max. The fact that it puts them into the low-power state as well is an excellent feature of it. I wish the AirPods Max were able to be folded to be more compact so that the case didn't need to be so big, but that's on Apple and not Waterfield. The build qualit of the case is great, and I have no doubt that my headphones are well-protected when they're inside.
I'm very pleased with the case as the case provides a better coverage of the headphones than the provided case. I like all the pouches in the case that makes it have even more utility.
This is the case that should have come with the AirPods Max!
Macworld - January 15, 2021
“It's a shame this product is even necessary, but you couldn't ask for a more thoughtfully designed and expertly made AirPods Max case.”
AppleInsider - January 6, 2021
“For those looking to fully protect their AirPods Max and make sure they enter ultra-low power mode, this Shield Case is an excellent option.”
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
iMore - January 6, 2021
“This is the case that Apple should have shipped with the AirPods Max.”
The compact AirPods Max Shield Case is custom-fit to protect and carry your AirPods Max with or without the Apple Smart Case.