All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Black ballistic nylon with black or chocolate full-grain leather
- Waxed canvas with chocolate full-grain leather
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- All-metal hardware
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 14.5" (l) x 2" (w) x 9.75" (h); 1.5 lbs (ballistic), 1.8 lbs (canvas)
16" (l) x 2" (w) x 10.5" (h) 1.8 lbs (ballistic), 2 lbs (canvas)
36.83 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 24.76 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
Volume: 4.6 liters
40.64 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.91 kg (canvas)
Volume: 5.5 liters
- Slim, compact, and lightweight.
- Designed to carry two laptops or laptop + tablet.
- Rear includes a passthrough slot to slip onto carry-on handles.
- Dual-layer leather flap keeps items in the front pocket protected.
- Front pocket is pleated to keep bulky accessories from bulging out.
- Interior gold, water-resistant liner makes it easy to see what's inside.
- Clever laptop compartment cut-outs allow for in-case laptop charging.
- Flap is secured shut with a strong, self-finding magnet for easy closure.
- Padded laptop compartments are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric for protection.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- Two size options to protect dual laptops up to 13" MacBook Pro or up to 16" MacBook Pro.
- Three carry options: comfortable leather-lined handles, a detachable suspension shoulder strap, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I love my other bag (Air Porter) from Waterfield - it feels like that one thought of everything. This Outback Duo feels like an incomplete first draft. If I put laptops in each of the sides - as intended - the bag has no give and the inner pocket only gets about 3/4 " wide. The side zippers really should have gone down the whole side - not stopped halfway. Also, if the bag is meant for 2 laptops, you've got to assume people will carry at least one charger. But again, with 2 laptops there is no room for a normal sized laptop charger.
I love the style and I love the materials. But the design makes some serious mistakes.
I have a big DELL 17 inch lap top so I got this duo bag. It just barely makes it. I will stick with it, but I wish it was a bit bigger. Excellent bag otherwise.
I have bought two laptop sleeves before from Waterfield and appreciated the craftsmanship and design, so when I bought my wife a new laptop I found this bag to be the perfect design to carry not only the laptop but other small essentials in a durable, stylish case. It fit the bill perfectly and she loves it!
I’ve ordered several items from WaterField Designs in the last year and they’ve all been very high quality and exceeded expectations, but the Outback Duo Laptop Brief is the best bag I’ve ever had. It’s safely stores my MacBook Air and iPad Pro, and papers and accessories, while being small, stylish, and sturdy. I couldn’t be happier.
The Outback Duo is fantastic for my 16” MacBook Pro and iPad Air with Magic Keyboard. There’s plenty of room for cables, chargers and other accessories and an extra interior pocket. The waterproof zipper and padded shoulder strap are signs of extra care and attention to detail from Waterfield.
OUTBACK DUO LAPTOP BRIEF Review
The Digital Trekker - October 6, 2020
“I am finding it difficult to find anything negative about this bag.”
BAG SCORE: 97%
WaterField's Outback Duo
MacDirectory - August 2020
“Out of the confusion from Cupertino comes satisfaction from San Francisco as WaterField revealed its incredible cool Outback Duos attachés for 13, 15, and 16-inch laptops, assured to be compatible with any OS and portable device Apple will send our way for years to come.”
Tested: Waterfield Outback Duo, a stylish way to carry both MacBook and iPad
9to5Mac - July 21, 2020
“But this is otherwise the perfect accompaniment to a carry-on roller bag when traveling, keeping your MacBook and iPad easily on hand, while also serving well as a standalone hand or shoulder bag for everyday use.”
The Outback Duo comes in two sizes, each with two padded laptop compartments. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments.
- Full Size - Both padded laptop compartments fit devices up to 15" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- Surface Studio Laptop
- Surface Laptop 5 (15")
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Compact Size - Both padded laptop compartments fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- reMarkable (paper tablet) fits in Compact Size
- Pixel Slate fits in Compact Size
- Dell XPS 15 9570 (15.6” ultrabook) fits in Full Size (Robert N., Sunnyvale, US)