All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- The optional Executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
I needed a new bag for my new computer, which I've found just a little too big for my Peak Design V1 20L Everyday Backpack.
Spending this much, I wanted to make sure I got the right thing, so I also ordered:
• Aer Day Pack 2 X-Pac
• Aer Tech Pac 2
• GoRuck GR1 26L
• Tumi Alpha 3 Slim Brief Pack
All the others got returned. None of them held nearly as much stuff as compactly while also sitting upright on their own at any capacity. If you need a spacious office backpack that doesn't look bulky, you won’t be disappointed.
Bonus point for pet people: something about the Pro Executive Laptop Backpack's fabric made it comparatively great at not being a hair magnet for my cat's fuzz.
Pro Executive Laptop Backpack is the perfect size for short business trips. The red leather accent is unique and fun! Also purchased the matching executive folio.
Just received my Pro Executive Backpack have not used it but I have it all packed up ready for my trip next week and wow it is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Whoever designed this knew what they were doing, the top pocket fits my iPhone 13 ProMax, Finn Wallet, Keys, boarding pass, watch and a little more. The side pockets hold my large battery pack to recharge my phone and iPad and the other side holds a water bottle. The middle pocket holds all my paperwork and rental info. My 16” MacBook Pro is well protected in the back and holds my wife’s iPad as well as files and a couple Waterfield cases. The main compartment holds a lot more than I was thinking, packet a toiletry kit, more pouches and my camera. I have it packet pretty good but when wearing it feels very comfortable and stable on my back. It looks very professional and is very well made. Sure it costs more than some others, but you get what you pay for and this backpack is much better than the 3 others I have used!! If your on the fence on purchasing one, don’t wait buy it while you can get one.
This backpack exemplifies all the quality workmanship, durability, thoughtful and practical design, and understated elegance (even in crimson!) that I’ve come to expect from Waterfield.
As someone who tends to carry a lot of stuff around every day, I’ve acquired an absurd number of backpacks, messenger bags, satchels, and slings, trying to find the One Bag.
I’ve had the Pro Executive Laptop Backpack for five weeks and so far it seems to be the right bag for me.
I’ve been using the new bag for the last 4 business days, and it’s been a great road asset for me. Everything right at my finger tips…casual, yet business ready, and the leather accent…sexy. I love bringing this bag out with me.
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Pro Backpack is available in one size, divided into two chambers: front chamber is spacious enough to hold items needed for a day at the office. The back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 15" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 (13” & 15”)
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
The 13” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 13" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1 (tight fit)
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
The 15” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 14.75" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 (15")
- Dell XPS 15"
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13") fits in the Laptop Compartment
- Dell XPS 13, 15 fits in the Laptop Compartment
- 15" Dell Inspiron fits in the Laptop Compartment (Terrance, H., Atlanta, US)