All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- The optional Executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
This is a superb backpack.
It sits high and supported on one's back and has the right amount of cushioning.
The fit and finish are excellent.
I love that this is a wider backpack, thus increasing carry volume and allows me to carry my sketch pad which I carry for work.
There are five zippered pockets of various sizes, plus a generous laptop pocket, plus a voluminous main compartment that could easily carry extra clothing.
The red leather, which will make the backpack easier to keep track of while traveling, is even more gorgeous in person, including the red leather carry strap which feels great in the hand.
The Pro Executive Laptop Backpack (PELB) is a total winner and worth every penny.
Gary and the team at WaterField contribute to exceed high expectations! This new backpack is well designed and well constructed. Thx Gary. Great product!
So far I like pretty much everything about the backpack, I’ve only been flying two times with the bag at the moment but I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this bag!
It’s very roomy and can accommodate pretty much all my tech gear together with my work gear which is exactly what I wanted.
The materials is everything you expect from Waterfield, haven’t seen a loose thread at all, and I’ve looked 😁
Only negative ting i’ve got so far is the laptop compartment where I store my executive folio I got with the bag. The folio get scratched up pretty bad on the leather panel duo to the interior lining! Not that the lining is bad by any means but it would be nice to see the whole laptop compartment be lined with the fuzzy stuff you have in laptop sleeve section of the laptop compartment! Damn this is hard to explain haha.
I’ve gotten mine custom made, fuzzy lining in the top drop/quick access pocket and 2 D-rings on the straps and I’m very pleased with my choices!
Thanks for my awesome bag Waterfield!
Picked up a Pro Executive Backpack as I need something with a little more volume than my other Waterfield Design bags to carry on a few forthcoming business trips. Whilst larger than my other Waterfield Bags, it doesn't feel like it on your back; comfort is excellent. Very thoughtful design touches with easy access to important travel documents, work documents and more than enough room for my camera, additional lens, headphones, computer and a few pouches full of chargers, dongles and cables. Built to last a lifetime. I have bought quite a few bags from this company and they have always exceeded expectations with their excellent craftsmanship, wonderfully intuitive design and great looks.
I find the executive pro a wonderful bag that allows me to go seamlessly from home to office and especially after the pandemic knowing all my things are with me is very comforting. The group-think that was dedicated to creating this bag has clearly been a great asset to its functionality.
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Pro Backpack is available in one size, divided into two chambers: front chamber is spacious enough to hold items needed for a day at the office. The back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 15" x 10"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 (13” & 15”)
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (15")
The 13” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 13" x 9"
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
The 15” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 14.75" x 10"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 (15")
- Dell XPS 15"
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13") fits in the Laptop Compartment
- Dell XPS 13, 15 fits in the Laptop Compartment
- 15" Dell Inspiron fits in the Laptop Compartment (Terrance, H., Atlanta, US)