All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
Dimensions & Weight:
- The new interior houses a waxed canvas, plush, padded laptop compartment that readily fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro.
- Two slots hold an Apple Pencil, Surface Pen or a few run-of-the-mill ballpoints.
- A rolling suitcase handle pass-through facilitates hands-free carry from airport curbside to gate.
- Six premium, full-grain leather accent choices under the panel add a pop of color.
- Constructed of thick, full-grain leather with raw edges, it exudes an adventurous yet sophisticated look and develops a beautiful patina with use.
- A dual-layer leather flap shuts securely with strong snaps and is adjustable to two lengths, so users can fill the bag to capacity or cinch it tight. Either way the bag maintains its slim profile.
- An unlined interior and natural edges reveal the leather’s premium quality.
- A sumptuous leather panel under the flap creates a color splash and is available in six color choices.
- The innovative strap system compresses bag contents to maintain a slim profile and positions the bag snugly against the body to help ease back fatigue.
- Two deep, waxed canvas pockets in the main compartment fit an iPad, iPhone and additional necessities.
- A full-width, luxuriously-soft, lined pocket under the flap stows additional electronics or personal items.
- A floating shoulder pad with a no-slip underside keeps the shoulder strap in place.
- A top leather handle allows for a quick grab.
Incredibly pleased with the bag and can't wait to use it for many years to come. The bag come with brand new stiff leather and I look forward to breaking it in and making it my own. The push button clasps are surprisingly easy to close due to the stiff leather and lining up well with the male clasps.
Very happy with the communication from WaterField. My selection was out of stock but very quickly repopulated. Love the piece.
I’ve been checking out the
Rough Rider bag for a while but finally last month succumbed to purchasing one. It’s expensive but the build quality is incredibly good. I usually carry my 15” MacBook Pro in it with an assortment and accessories. And I carry my lunch in it as well. Did I mention the build quality? It’s absolutely recommended for anyone looking for a leather bag that can carry lots of stuff and still feel comfortable.
I've had my Rough Rider bag for a little over a month, and I already love it. I liked the look of it when I came across it online, but it's so much more impressive in the 'flesh.' The quality is exceptional, with plush interior pockets for laptops and tablets. The leather is very high quality, and the overall construction is terrific. I was looking for something distinctive, and this bag more than met that criterion. Some specific things to note... First, the bag is extremely well balanced. With all my prior messenger bags I've had to wear the shoulder strap across my body to keep the bag from sliding off my shoulder. This bag is really comfortable to wear on the shoulder, probably a combined effect of the way the strap is attached to the body of the bag and the excellent shoulder pad. Second, I had some air travel with the bag recently, and although I was expecting to have to lay it on its side under the seat in front of me, I found that the bag fits upright with the flap is open (which gave me access to its contents during flight). A pleasant, legroom-enhancing surprise! Third, I'd been concerned about the bag being smaller than bags I've had and overpacked in the past. But it held everything I needed to have with me during travel, and the two different snap placements meant that I had some room to fit some additional gear. Last, I wasn't completely sold on the snap closure, and at first I found it cumbersome, especially getting things out and back in again at the airport. But it hasn't taken me long to get the hang of the snaps.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the bag breaks in, especially the change in the appearance of the leather over time, but I can happily see that this one will be with me for many years.
Very satisfied with my new Messenger Brief. The quality is better than expected. Very attractive looking too.
“And one really needs a messenger bag that strikes a balance between playful and professional. The Waterfield Rough Rider does just that.”
“The Rough Rider is functional, wonderful to look at and built to last forever. It's the nicest bag I've ever had; I can say that without any hesitation.”
“Overall, this is a bag for someone who is more comfortable carrying a briefcase than a black canvas computer bag.”
“Though the Rough Rider may not be the cheapest entry in the commuter's bag race, it's one of the nicest and most durable we've seen.”
“WaterField Designs has scored another home run with the Rough Rider. I have yet to find a messenger bag this stylish and practical.”
Aesthetic Appeal: ★★★★★
Wow Factor: ★★★★★
Build Quality: ★★★★★
"I've been a backpack user for the past several years, but I may have found a reason to switch back to a messenger bag. This is one of the sweetest bags I've seen in a long time."
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Surface Laptop 2
- Pixel Slate
- Dell XPS 13, 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon