All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Full-grain Latigo leather
- PVD coated brass hardware
- Nylon webbing with reflective strips
- More details here
Weight & Dimensions:
- Wag Dog Leash Overall Dimensions: 6 ft; 1.82 m
Webbing Width: 1"; 2.54 cm
Weight: 0.4 lbs; 181.4 gm
- Nylon webbing features two reflective strips and aids the visibility of your pet.
- Full-grain Latigo leather wraps the handle to add a smooth and comfortable hand-feel.
- PVD coated brass hardware is extremely durable and resistant to corrosion and will not scratch.
- The bar-tack stitching zigzag is designed to prevent rips and increases the strength of the leash.
- One d-ring is just below the handle to attach other accessories such as a poop bag or LED light work for night walking.
- OPTIONAL: Create a dog walking kit with the Wag Dog Collar and Wag Hip Pack. Both sold separately.
To Gary and the team,
I have purchased several bags and backpacks from SF bags and have been very happy with the quality and thoughtful design. I was very disappointed with the dog leash.
1. Much better off buying a standard leash at a fraction of the cost
2. The handle as noted by another reviewer is too thin and stiff. Very disappointing given the potential to make a very comfortable and ergonomic handle using hand made leather.
3.The length of the leash is 6ft which is way too long for my dog. I acknowledge this is my fault for not noting this in the description but there is also no provision for shortening it.
4. The pouch is not ideal and you would be better off carrying things in your pocket.
In summary, this is an example of poorly thought out design and inadequate field testing. I hope you are able to revise this product for future customers.
Best Wishes D
Me encanto, como cada producto comprado a WaterField se nota la calidad y la funcionalidad, lo escribo en español porque casi nadie lo hace, compro y seguiré comprando sus productos, solo una sugerencia, me encantaría un harness de piel para mi dog ( no me gustan los collares para perro) lo espero pronto 😃, Gracias
I've purchased several Waterfield products, all have been high quality. This dog leash is equally well made, which is why I was willing to spend a lot more than I normally would for a leash. The reflective stitching is great for night walks. The strap used to make the leash is clearly very strong. The leather used on the hande is obviously good quality, as is the hardware. I have a couple of minor criticisms / suggestions for improving the product: (1) I would have preferred more breadth in the handle - the manufacturing method of tightly stitching leather around a folded over section of strap makes for a very thin handle. I guess this might suit small hands but for me it seems too narrow, and to my eyes looks a little out of character when compared to the width of the leash itself. (2) Concerning the D ring just below the handle, I know this might be useful for some, but it is not something I will use, and I will probably remove it. Also, if you happened to have slipped a finger through the D ring when a big strong dog pulled on the leash it would be mighty painful!
The leather handle is very stiff and not easy to wrap around the hand and wrist as needed with a leash. The swivel eyebolt clasp at the end is the wrong size (too small) and very poor quality. I am very disappointed.
The Gadgeteer - March 12, 2021
“That’s why I was so excited to get the Wag Hip Pack, collar, and leash from WaterField. It’s part of their adorably-named “WooferField” collection.”
Gear Diary - December 7, 2020
“Designed for those of us who are owned by a dog (because dog people know who’s the boss), they bring WaterField’s premium design and construction to your favorites pooch’s gear.”
The Wag Dog Leash is a six feet leash which is the most common length for dog leashes and is ideal for walking in neighborhoods or less trafficked areas. A six feet leash allows your dog room to explore, without leaving so much slack that the leash drags on the ground or gets tangled around your dog's legs or your own.