WaterField Designs celebrates the release of Apple's 14-inch MacBook Pro with new handmade-in-San Francisco gear: the stylish Bolt Sling, a three-chamber crossbody bag with a padded MacBook Pro compartment and an innovative shoulder strap that maximizes comfort and flexibility, and the Neo Sleeve, a protective, custom-fit neoprene sleeve with a full-grain leather grip.
San Francisco, CA, October 19, 2021—WaterField Designs, a San Francisco designer and manufacturer of custom laptop sleeves, bags, and cases for digital gear, unveils the handsome Bolt Sling and the protective Neo Sleeve for Apple's new 14-inch MacBook Pro. The Bolt Sling organizes the 14-inch MacBook Pro and accessories into three distinct chambers, so all items are easy to access and weight remains balanced, while a unique strap system optimizes comfort and flexibility. In custom sizes for the new 14- and 16-inch M1chip MacBook Pros, the neoprene and leather Neo Sleeve offers classic protection from bumps and scratches in a horizontal or vertical configuration to fit messenger bags or backpacks.
Insightful details distinguish the Bolt from other slings. Designed for comfort and convenience, an ingenious shoulder strap attaches up top to a D-ring, allowing it to pivot left or right in response to body movements. It clips to the right or left side at the bottom for wearing over either shoulder comfortably. Both the strap and the rear of the bag are padded and lined with breathable mesh. A cam-lock buckle adjusts the strap length effortlessly with just one hand. Two large exterior quick-access compartments are pleated to hold a wide variety of items from small to bulky and are stacked to distribute contents and weight evenly.
Inside, the Bolt Sling is lined with goldenrod rip-stop nylon to enhance visibility. An ultra-soft, padded 14-inch MacBook compartment, two raised pockets for accessories, and a key hook keep gear organized. Waterproof zippers secure the main chamber and extend about 4/5 of the way down the bag allowing it to open wide for easy interior access. Both these and the large exterior pocket zippers are accessible from either side. Bold color choices appeal to a broad range of users, and a gorgeous full-grain leather base adds stability and ensures longevity.
Bolt Sling Features:
- Ultra-comfortable shoulder strap clips to left or right of bag for either side carry and attaches to a D-ring at top so it pivots in response to body movements.
- Strap adjusts effortlessly with a smooth-gliding cam lock buckle.
- Spacious quick-access compartments that hold small or bulky items are stacked to distribute accessories and weight.
- Plush, padded MacBook/iPad compartment, two pockets, and a key hook organize interior contents.
- Sling rear panel and strap are padded and lined with moisture-wicking mesh.
- Gold, water-resistant nylon lines each chamber for increased visibility.
- Waterproof zippers open with custom, metal zipper pulls from either side.
- Nylon loop facilitates a quick grab.
- Two sizes fit the new 14-inch Apple MacBook Pro, or the 12.9 inch iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard.
- Five color combinations suit a wide variety of tastes.
The Neo MacBook Pro Sleeve protects Apple's laptops from dings and scratches with the same 4mm, high-tensile-strength neoprene used in scuba suits. It nicely keeps its shape when empty and each size stretches to fit the 13-inch MacBook Air, or the 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro like a glove. A cross-stitch along both sides expands and contracts with the neoprene as it stretches, and the top edge is sealed with nylon tape to protect the sleeve over the long term. Two handy pull tabs assist when removing or inserting a MacBook Pro from the snug sleeve, and a sumptuous leather patch along the bottom acts as a comfortable grip.
Neo Sleeve Features:
- Made from 4mm, high-tensile-strength neoprene.
- Maintains some shape when empty and stretches to fit MacBooks like a glove.
- Full-grain black leather bottom patch provides a solid grip.
- 2 pull tabs ease insertion and removal of MacBook Pro.
- Finished edges ensure longevity.
- Horizontal or vertical orientations suit briefcases or backpacks.
- Three sizes are custom-fit for the 13- MacBook Air, and the 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pros.
The new Bolt Sling joins the WaterField Sling Collection and the Neo Sleeve joins the Waterfield Laptop Sleeve Collection to support casual professionals as they begin to resume their travels and in-person work.
Availability & Pricing
Price: Compact—$219. Full—$229.
Compact: Built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard.
Full size: Built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to the new 14-inch Apple MacBook Pro.
Colors: Black ballistic + full-grain black leather; high-performance Forza textile (blue, green, or red) + black ballistic + full-grain black leather; tan waxed canvas + chocolate full-grain leather.
Materials: Waterproof zippers. Custom metal sliders. Metal cam-lock buckle. Metal D-rings. Metal snap hooks. Goldenrod rip-stop nylon lining.
Dimensions & weight:
Compact: 13 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches; 9.1 liters, 1.4 lbs. (ballistic); 1.6 lbs. (waxed canvas).
Full size: 15 x 11.5 x 4.5 inches; 12.7 liters; 1.8 lbs. (ballistic); 1.95 lbs. (waxed canvas.
Pre-order now. Shipping begins November 11.
Neo MacBook Sleeve
Custom sizes: 13-inch MacBook Air, 14-inch MacBook Pro, 16-inch MacBook Pro.
Colors and materials: Black 4 mm neoprene, nylon tape, full-grain leather.
Pre-order now. Shipping begins October 29.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at "Our Story.”
Made in San Francisco
WaterField Designs, Bolt Sling, Neo Sleeve, and SFBags are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2021. All rights reserved.