- Product Info
- What Fits
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, 1050 denier durable ballistic nylon or waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather accents
SleeveCase Dimensions & Weight:
- 12" MacBook: 11.75 x 9.25 inches, 0.7 lb.
- 13" MacBook Air Retina: 13 x 9.75 inches, 0.85 lb.
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 13 x 9.75 inches, 0.85 lb.
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 14.5 x 10.25 inches, 0.95 lb.
- Optional strap with metal hardware
- Lightly padded flap of full-grain leather.
- Angled pocket in the back.
- shock-absorbent neoprene interior.
- Vertical or horizontal orientation.
- Optional Piggyback for additional storage.
- Optional Simple or Suspension Strap (balances the load).
- TSA-checkpoint friendly (no need to take laptop out of SleeveCase.
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar - Size 39
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar - Size 38
- 13" MacBook Air Retina - Size 40
- 12"MacBook - Size 37
- 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display (Old Size) - Size 35
- 15" MacBook Pro Retina Display (Old Size) - Size 34
Gadgetmac - August 12, 2011
“If you're looking for a quality protective sleeve that will last you a lifetime, the SleeveCase should be the one to considered.”
MobilityMinded - June 25, 2009
I had my first Waterfield SleeveCase for 8 and half years. When I replaced my 2010 MacBook Air with the late 2018 version, I chose the new sleevecase in waxed canvas. I am even more pleased with the new version than the previous one (which lives on with my wife who inherited the old 'Air). It protects just as well, and feels, looks and even smells better than the old one. And as the Apple salesman said when I brought it into the store, the SleeveCase has character.
The size is perfect for my MacBook Pro and I can carry it protected and in style.
Great craftsmanship as all other Waterfield products.
Product, like always is of the utmost quality. It is a bit tight for my 15 Mac Book pro with Retins. Hard to get out of me pro backpack
I'm never worried about keeping my laptop in my bag during the rain/snow/sleet of Boston! Totally worth it.
Use this for my Macbook air (2018) and it is perfect. Protects everything and has a nice soft layer inside and it looks great too!
Should I get a horizontal or vertical SleeveCase?
We recommend that you match the orientation of the SleeveCase with the bag you plan to stow your laptop in. This allows you to access your laptop without removing the entire Sleeve.
What does D-rings only mean?
D-rings are the metal hardware sewn to the SleeveCase for the optional strap to attach to. If you already own a strap or want to leave the option to add a strap later, you can purchase the D-ring hardware only. If you opt for the suspension strap, the D-rings are included.
What is the loop on the bottom of the SleeveCase?
The loop is to hold on to when removing your laptop - rather than squeezing the SleeveCase and device inside that you are trying to remove - the finger hold makes this work better.
I have a protective case on my Apple laptop, will the SleeveCase fit?
We custom-fit each Apple laptop for a snug fit with the "naked" laptop. Even a slim protective case will make a difference. Send us a quick email and we'll help find the right size for a great fitting SleeveCase.
What is a Suspension Strap?
We call it the "suspension" strap because this strap stretches just a bit, adding a little spring effect so your laptop is a little lighter to carry. The underside of the strap is lined with grippy material so it sits on your shoulder, preventing it from moving around. The strap is removable and snaps onto metal D-rings.
I already have a strap I plan to use. How would I complete the order?
When selecting your Strap Options, please choose "D-rings only". That way, we'll sew the D-rings on for you so you can attach your existing strap.
I need more storage than the rear pocket offers. What should I do?
The Piggybackcomfortably stores your power supply, mouse, hard drive, or phone. Hook the piggyback onto your SleeveCase (D-rings required) when you need the storage and un-hook when you don't.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
Dropped laptop. Not broken. Thanks, WaterField!
"My new macbook pro made me take the plunge."
Sleevecase helps calm my anal retentiveness.
Sleeve pull tab, pure unadulterated genius!
Tight but comfortable fit, durable quality.
"Dropped my bag with my MB down a flight of cement stairs while in the sleeve- not even one scratch!"