The dual compartment Tech Folio Brief combines abundant organization with handsome briefcase style for professionals and creatives who carry significant gear for their work.
San Francisco, CA, October 26, 2021—WaterField Designs, an innovative leader in locally-manufactured laptop sleeves, bags, and cases for digital gear, unveils the Tech Folio Brief, a 2-in-1 laptop briefcase designed for developers, digital editors, DJs, IT consultants, or anyone who carries considerable tech gear and needs to be prepared for any scenario at work or on the road. The new Tech Folio Brief is available for pre-order now at sfbags.com in either ballistic nylon or waxed canvas with full-grain leather and in two sizes for the M1 Max and M1Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro or 16-inch MacBook Pro.
The handsome briefcase is divided into two dedicated compartments: a super-sized, fold-down Tech Folio with abundant pockets to organize every manner of tech accessory from small adapters to bulky hard drives, and a main compartment with two built-in padded device sleeves and ample space for files, headphones, and personal items. Together these form a high-functioning bag with a head-turning, professional aesthetic.
“Our customers who carry a lot of tech told us they often have to check several places before locating a specific accessory. So, we designed a briefcase that could hold a laptop and a tablet, and organize all their gear in one bag,” said company owner, Gary WaterField. “With a total of 15 easy-to-access pockets and two built-in padded laptop compartments, even the most tech-heavy users have a place for everything, all in a sophisticated briefcase they can carry into any setting.”
Tech Folio Compartment:
- Seven see-through zippered mesh pockets in different sizes and two open-topped padded pockets organize both bulky and slim items: from power blocks, hard drives, and adapters to myriad cords and dongles, SD cards, zip drives, and more.
- Gold lining behind the mesh pockets makes items inside easy to see.
- Zippers on three sides allow the folio section to open a little for quick access or to open fully and lie flat.
- Two padded compartments that hold an M1Max or M1Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro or 16-inch MacBook Pro and a tablet are lined with plush, no-scratch fabric as soft as a puppy’s ear.
- Two open-topped pockets stow a wallet, glasses, and keys on an attached key leash, and three pen slots keep writing utensils and a stylus handy.
- A spacious interior opens wide with room for files, a water bottle, headphones, books, a sweater, etc.
- Gold, water-resistant lining lights up the interior for increased visibility.
- A luxurious full-grain leather panel, with a built-in pocket for quick-access items like travel documents or an iPhone, closes with a satisfying magnetic strip.
- Three carry options include a removable Supreme Suspension Strap that makes any load feel lighter, leather-lined handles with an underlying stiffener to help keep that bag’s shape, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough for breezing through airports.
- Smooth-gliding, YKK, water-resistant zippers open from either side with custom, metal zipper pulls.
- A large flat base and closed-cell foam on all sides help the bag stand upright and protect contents.
WaterField's Tech Folio Brief joins the company's Tech Folio Collection, a series of gear-organizing folios designed with significant customer input as part of WaterField's Community Design project.
Availability & Pricing
Tech Folio Brief
Price: Compact—$359. Full—$379.
Colors and materials: 1050 denier black ballistic nylon with full-grain leather accents in black or chocolate. Tan waxed canvas with full-grain leather accents in chocolate. Custom lockable metal zipper pulls, waterproof zippers, gold rip-stop nylon lining.
Dimensions and weight:
Compact—14 x 10.5 x 6.5 inches; 2 lbs. Full—15.75 x 11.5 x 6.5; 2.4 lbs.
Preorder now. Shipping begins November 30.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at "Our Story.”
Made in San Francisco