All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 6”-1.5" (w) tapers at top x 15.5” (h); 2.4 lbs. (ballistic), 2.9 lbs. (canvas)
28.57 (l) x 15.24-3.81 (w) tapers at top x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.1 kg (ballistic), 1.3 kg (canvas)
Volume: 14.5 Liters
- An everyday backpack with clean lines, water-proof zipper, and full grain leather accents.
- Contains light foam padding to prevent sagging and keeps the backpack upright.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- Two padded laptop and tablet compartments.
- Expandable front saddle pocket is secured with a front full grain leather flap. The pocket includes a key clip and organizational pockets.
- Two deep side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
- Comfortable leather handles for easy grab-and-go.
- Breathable mesh back padding for wicking away sweat.
- Back pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Full-grain leather bottom for extra durability.
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
This bag is just what I needed for site visits, client meetings, travel, and the current balance of working remotely. There is enough space for my computer, accessories, camera, lens, paperwork, and even room to spare.
Hi Gary and team,
The Mezzo has been a delight to use the last fortnight, I previously had bought a messenger bag from you for my bus commute but upgraded to this bag after getting on a bike. It’s a lovely bit of kit, well thought out and surprisingly capacious while remaining an easy tote. Looks very very robust too and the odd shower here in Cork hasn’t seemed to have any ill effect!
So pleased I got it - great product!
My shoulder was getting sore carrying an overloaded messenger bag, and the crossbody strap did not work very well. I was looking for a backpack that did not look like a school bag, something to go camping with or a survivalist/prepper style.
The Mezzo carries everything I need, including personal PPE supplies, comfortably over one shoulder, or worn as a true backpack. The finish will only look better with age, and I look forward to using it for a long time.
Selected this as a gift for a recent HS grad and she's super happy with it. Will be up to the task of hauling her stuff around NYC through ugly weather, crowded streets, and all over campus.
This is the second Waterfield backpack I've given. My oldest son loves his, but it looks like it was discontinued. Dont remember the name, but it has an extended main compartment for bigger loads, rolls down for regular use. Bring that back, my youngest graduates next May!
This is a beautifully made bag. Bought to replace a shoulder bag that was used to carry a book, papers, music player, earphones, spectacles etc., I find the size just about right. Personally I would have preferred a couple more small (mobile phone, music player) pockets in the main compartment either instead of or as well as the tablet compartment but that is my only gripe. Very comfortable to wear. I am delighted with the black version and would definitely buy again.
The Mezzo Laptop Backpack is all I need to take my 16-inch MacBook Pro, iPad, accessories on the road
Apple World Today - January 27, 2020
“The WaterField backpack isn’t inexpensive. But you’ll be hard pressed to find one that’s more rugged, easier to use, and which is as handsome.”
The mid-sized Mezzo Laptop Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The expandable front saddle pocket holds easy-to-access items and is secured with a flap. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro 11" & 12.9” with NEW Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo Thinkpad 14" fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Gary R., Omaha, US)