- Product Info
- What Fits
Professionals on the Go. The versatile, multi-use Bolt Laptop Backpack accommodates tech gear and travel essentials for airport-to-conference, office-to-gym, or job-to-weekend activities. An easy-access, padded laptop compartment eases airport security. Organizational pockets and a spacious interior organize technology plus personal items for work and travel. Ergonomic straps ease the load. A rear slot slides over a rolling suitcase to close the deal.
Part of the Bolt Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Durable waxed canvas
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon
- Premium full-grain leather
Dimensions: 12.5” length x 5.25” width x 16” height
Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Two padded compartments — one for laptop, one for tablet —both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents
- Spacious, gold-lined interior
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 15" MacBook Pro
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro 12.9"
- iPad Pro 10.5"
- 12" MacBook
- 13" MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Pro
- Asus Pro B9440
- Asus Transformer Pro T304
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA
- Surface Book
- NEW Surface Pro
- Dell XPS 13
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
It’s the first time I get a backpack so beautiful and that do the job by far. I am very happy and take it with me now every time I travel out side of the city, use to take Staad model, but not that one is just for the daily work. Thanks guys for such a great job.... and greetings from Chile.
Have only used it for a short period. The real test is coming up, multiple flights across the country.
Construction superb as always. Beautiful backpack.
Was time for me to make the switch from laptop bag to laptop backpack. Why didn't I do this earlier? The Bolt Backpack has quickly become my new favorite go to bag. MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, Nintendo Switch, gear bag, tons of odds and ends and room to spare. Pockets in the right places, and of course a fit and finish that is worthy of 5 stars. I've enjoyed every Waterfield bag I've purchased...but this one is truly the bees knees.
Excellent backpack quality! Better and bigger than it looks! I have a surface book preformance and a MacBook Pro 13" (2017) both with UAG cases to fit comfortably and then all their accessories in the backpack with room to spare. The high quality hand made in SF Is worth every penny!
I got the Bolt on a Thursday and have been traveling the two weeks since then. The first trip was by plane. The zipper that provides direct access to my Surface Pro should be a design standard on every bag. It is just that useful. The various other pockets have me ample space for cables, keys, wallet, and even my belt. All I had to do was slip off my shoes and I was through the TSA screening in a snap. The bag is easy to carry and did not get in the way when I was pulling my roller or my wife's golf clubs.
I had to add my 13 inch tablet and power cable to the mix for the road trip. I had lots of space left over and the bag was still easy to carry. I take this bag everywhere now. It is exactly what I have been searching for.