- Product Info
- What Fits
Professionals on the Go. The versatile, multi-use Bolt Laptop Backpack accommodates tech gear and travel essentials for airport-to-conference, office-to-gym, or job-to-weekend activities. An easy-access, padded laptop compartment eases airport security. Organizational pockets and a spacious interior organize technology plus personal items for work and travel. Ergonomic straps ease the load. A rear slot slides over a rolling suitcase to close the deal.
Part of the Bolt Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Durable waxed canvas
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon
- Premium full-grain leather
Dimensions & Weight:
- Two padded compartments — one for laptop, one for tablet —both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents
- Spacious, gold-lined interior
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 15" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Retina, Air
- 12" MacBook
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" or 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro (9.7", 10.5", 12.9")
- Asus Pro B9440
- Asus Transformer Pro T304
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA
- Google Pixelbook
- Surface Pro, Go
- Dell XPS 13
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
I love this bag. I look forward to interacting with it everyday! Good size. Great materials. Pocket layout is perfect for my organized chaos.
I honestly got this bag for school. I needed something that would last and hold a bunch of books. But I intend to use it in my professional life as well. It’s built like a tank and is super comfortable. I’m extremely satisfied.
It is comfortable to wear and it has lots of well placed pockets.
Plus lots of space
I would make one suggestion a sternum strap though maybe not fancy would make the bag more comfortable when heavy.
The product is very well made apart from the straps. The positioning and quality of the straps means they do not always sit comfortably on the shoulders; when compared to my previous encase backpack there is a distinct difference in quality. The padding is very thin and there is too much of the thin black strap visible. I also thought that there would have been a way to stop excess black strap from flapping around like you see on lower priced bags. (I am currently using Velcro) Including taxes And shipping I spent over £300 on the bag. My encase bag was less than half this price, but the standard is higher I am afraid to say because I absolutely love all of my other water field products.
If you like the Bolt briefcase you will love the Bolt backpack. Same convenient features but in a backpack form. The ballistic with black leather looks really smart in a corporate environment.
"Very comfy, well thought out pouches and storage areas. My favorite thing of all: it stands up on it's own perfectly."
"Quality and craftsmanship are off the charts."
"Best backpack ever! It is well constructed, sturdy, and comfortable to carry."
"Large enough that I don’t have to leave anything out, yet not so massive that I look like a pack animal when I shoulder it."
"It’s turning heads. Thanks big time. It’s super practical and handsome."
"I need to carry two laptops and an iPad, and the Bolt Backpack is the best bag I’ve had for this."