All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 12.5” L x 5.25” W x 16” H; 3.2 lbs.
31.75 L x 13.34 W x 40.64 H cm; 1.45 kg
Volume: 17 liters
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior for visibility.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Thick, leather bottom provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Bolt Backpack is part of the Bolt Collection of bags.
I can't yet attest to the durability of the bag having only owned it a week. However it certainly appears to be quality construction. Bag seems comfortable thus far. So far I'm happy with my purchase.
I haven’t had a lot of opportunities to use the bag in the field, and while traveling. But you don’t have to use it to notice the amazing craftsmanship and quality of the bag. Definitely enjoying it so far, and am excited to pack it full and go somewhere. (even tho I’m not a big traveler) One thing to note is that using leather conditioners and care products will more then likely take away the cool distressed look to the leather. Weather that will come back after the produce wears off the leather over time is yet to be seen. But it is something to keep in mind, is that “caring for the leather” might take away the distressed look. It’s not damaging by any means. Just takes it away. At least for a little bit…hopefully..
I love the look and quality — how it feels, and smells — ha! The only thing that bothers me is my 16” MacBook doesn’t fit in the pouch area when I have it in its sleeve. Even though the pouch area is padded, I don’t really feel as though its as protective as my sleeve… so, I’ve elected to keep the sleeve/laptop in the main area of the bag. Not a dealbreaker considering how nice the backpack is. Maybe I’ll learn to trust the pouch eventually.
I love the design, the size, the look; everything seems to be just right. It can accommodate my laptop, my ipad, my swimming / cycling gear, handle grocery shopping, and does not look out of place at more formal meetings. There is certain simplicity to it: it has enough pockets to keep me organised but not too many, etc etc. In Swedish there is this word "lagom" - which does
not quite translate to English. It means sth like "just right", "perfect-simple", "not too much not too little" -- well, Garry, your Bolt is just "lagom" :)
I love this backpack. It is really beautiful, well-made and versatile. Gary and his team were helpful in answering my questions and went out of their way to ensure a good experience. Im very happy with my purchase and strongly recommend this backpack/WaterField products in general. (I have the SleeveCase, Marqui pouch, Gear pouch, and key clip)
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
The Bolt Backpack has a built-in padded laptop pocket - and - a built-in padded tablet pocket:
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (William T., Torrance, US)
NOTE: The water bottle pocket can hold up to 4-inch (10.16 cm) water bottles.