- Product Info
- What Fits
Professionals on the Go. The versatile, multi-use Bolt Laptop Backpack accommodates tech gear and travel essentials for airport-to-conference, office-to-gym, or job-to-weekend activities. An easy-access, padded laptop compartment eases airport security. Organizational pockets and a spacious interior organize technology plus personal items for work and travel. Ergonomic straps ease the load. A rear slot slides over a rolling suitcase to close the deal.
Part of the Bolt Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Durable waxed canvas
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon
- Premium full-grain leather
Dimensions & Weight:
- 12.5” length x 5.25” width x 16” height; 3.2 lbs.
- Volume: 17 liters
- Padded Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15” x 10”
- Padded Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13” x 9”
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Hidden magnetic closure
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents
- Spacious, gold-lined interior
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Retina
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Retina, Air
- 12" MacBook
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" or 15")
- Surface Laptop 2
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro (9.7", 10.5", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 6, Go
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
It felt a little big on my small frame when I first started wearing it, but I love it any way! The adjustable straps are way too long for me so they can get in the way, but it doesn't bother me enough where I won't wear it! I wish the pockets or a pocket somewhere in/on the bag was lined so I can safely place my phone in there . Besides that and the size, I have no other complaints. I've gotten so many compliments on this bag and I am so happy with my purchase. This isn't my first buy from Waterfield and this won't be the last! Thanks Waterfield!
It fits everything I need for work with room for a lot more. Quality of craftsmanship is outstanding.
The Bolt (in black on black) is a very professional and stylish piece. I even received the thumbs up from my wife! The bag will wear well, based upon my experience with my Staad laptop bag (which she repurposed for herself!)
This is an amazing backpack. I like how everything is well-designed, especially the secondary zipper for my laptop/tablet and the two easily-accessible front pockets. Build quality is incredible and I feel that it will last me more than a lifetime.
This backpack fits my style and has good build quality. It’s the first backpack that actually is comfortable for me to wear. I love the feel and looks as does everyone else when I wear it. It also fits my gear and traveling items. It’s the backpack I wish I had 20 years ago, when I was in high school.
"Very comfy, well thought out pouches and storage areas. My favorite thing of all: it stands up on it's own perfectly."
"Quality and craftsmanship are off the charts."
"Best backpack ever! It is well constructed, sturdy, and comfortable to carry."
"Large enough that I don’t have to leave anything out, yet not so massive that I look like a pack animal when I shoulder it."
"It’s turning heads. Thanks big time. It’s super practical and handsome."
"I need to carry two laptops and an iPad, and the Bolt Backpack is the best bag I’ve had for this."