- Product Info
- What Fits
Professionals on the Go. The versatile, multi-use Bolt Laptop Backpack accommodates tech gear and travel essentials for airport-to-conference, office-to-gym, or job-to-weekend activities. An easy-access, padded laptop compartment eases airport security. Organizational pockets and a spacious interior organize technology plus personal items for work and travel. Ergonomic straps ease the load. A rear slot slides over a rolling suitcase to close the deal.
Part of the Bolt Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Durable waxed canvas
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon
- Premium full-grain leather
Dimensions: 12.5” length x 5.25” width x 16” height
Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Two padded compartments — one for laptop, one for tablet —both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents
- Spacious, gold-lined interior
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 15" MacBook Pro
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro 12.9"
- iPad Pro 10.5"
- 12" MacBook
- 13" MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book
- NEW Surface Pro
- Dell XPS 13
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
I got the Bolt on a Thursday and have been traveling the two weeks since then. The first trip was by plane. The zipper that provides direct access to my Surface Pro should be a design standard on every bag. It is just that useful. The various other pockets have me ample space for cables, keys, wallet, and even my belt. All I had to do was slip off my shoes and I was through the TSA screening in a snap. The bag is easy to carry and did not get in the way when I was pulling my roller or my wife's golf clubs.
I had to add my 13 inch tablet and power cable to the mix for the road trip. I had lots of space left over and the bag was still easy to carry. I take this bag everywhere now. It is exactly what I have been searching for.
This is backpack I have been looking for the past two years. The construction is flawless, the dual zippers on the main compartment is well thought out, the ballistic nylon material will last a very long time. I am a big fan of waterfield deigns and it is my "go-to" store. The straps are also comfortable. I definetly recommend this product.
I the padded gear pouch, the iPad sleeve case, the travel wallet, the large bolt duffle, the large outback tote and now the bolt backpack. I addicted and love them all. I could be president of the WaterField Fan Club....highly recommended them all.
This backpack is fantastic. I love the way it is organized and compact. With the pack being so compact, my only issue is that it's difficult to have the pack tight/straight against my back without tightening the straps too much. The small size allows it to angle against the back, if that makes sense.
But that's a minor disadvantage and overall it's a great backpack.