All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Premium full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16 x 12.5 x 5.25 inches; 3.2 lbs. Volume: 17 liters
- Two padded compartments - one for laptop, one for tablet - both easily accessible through a separate waterproof zipper for easy access at airport security.
- Additional waterproof zipper to access main compartment contents.
- Spacious, gold-lined interior.
- Two open-topped, interior hand pockets for storing chargers, cords, pens, etc.
- Two exterior side pockets for water bottle or other quick-access items.
- Front zippered pocket with rain-guard flap for stashing sensitive documents.
- Two additional front pockets with leather tabs and magnetic closures.
- Anti-sweat mesh cushion also slides over rolling suitcase handle for breezing through airports.
- Ergonomically-designed straps distribute weight evenly.
- Thick, leather bottom boot provides structure and enhances water-resistance and longevity.
- Leather-lined comfortable grab handle.
The best bag pack I've ever own. Spacious but not bulky, good looking, very comfortable and durable. It's a great investment.
very well made, good looking, well designed bag. It holds my large laptop and folders, still leaving room for other things such as washbag and clothes.
Even with all this inside, it is still really comfortable to wear on my back.
This bag is all you'll ever need, as a medical student, this gives you a sophisticated look, with the versatility of organization plus looking slim enough while carrying a load
If you want the fabled intersection between durability and fashion, look no further. It would be nice if the inner pockets were snap closures instead of Velcro but otherwise the bag lives up to my expectations. Warning, the bag is large and would probably be uncomfortable for a smaller person.
I've been using the Canvas with chocolate leather on my daily commute into NYC (3 hours daily round trip on train) for two weeks now and can't be happier with my purchase. It sits very comfortably on my shoulders and is easy to adjust while wearing it. The bag stands up on its own due to the solid leather base which is a really nice touch. The canvas is much darker in person than any of the online pictures i've seen on the website or on YouTube review. The main compartment is huge and has plenty of space for a toiletry bag, shoes, and a change of clothes. The separate top zipper for the laptop and ipad sleeves are also a nice touch, The front zipper pouch is also large and holds plenty of items like my sunglasses inside a hard case, a couple of snacks and my tech pouch with room still for more. The front magnet pockets are a bit tight but are fine for me. The magnet closures are nice and easy to open for quick access. I keep my airpods, keys, and wallet with room for more in one and mints, wipes and other items in the other. the side pocket is great for a water bottle (i have a 17 oz S'Well with room for a wider bottle and the other side is great for my shedrain umbrella as its slightly smaller than the other side but my umbrella stays nice and snug in there without needing any extra effort to remove it on the run. I wore the bag on two rainy days and the canvas and weatherproof zippers held up nicely on a rainy NYC commute with a 5 block walk to the subway without cover. A few drawbacks for me are the top leather handle is a bit too narrow for my liking. Its well-made and seems like it will last but i would have liked something a bit thicker. I also would have like the flap covering the front pouch zipper to be a little longer for more cover. Some pen/organization pockets would have been great too Again these are small nitpicks. I've owned many Filson bags (original brief, duffel, tote, backpack) and this bag far exceeds those in build quality.
Tech.Co - November 15, 2017
”The Bolt Backpack offers the perfect combination of durability, well thought-out function, and style. This product is also made in America with care, and it shows.”
ZDNet - July 28, 2017
”Millions carry items to and from work in backpacks every single day and it may be one of the most used bags you own. Waterfield makes all of its bags in San Francisco and they are built to last for years.”
MacDirectory - June, 2017
”The Bolt is intended for travelers or anyone who tends to be away from their home all day and needs to be prepared for any situation.”
The Verge - April 7, 2017
”The Staad and Bolt backpacks from Waterfield Designs are pricey and peculiar, but ultimately worth it”
MacSparky - September 29, 2016
”If you carry a lot of gear or are looking to use a backpack for travel, you should probably step up to the Bolt.”
AppAdvice - September 23, 2016
”The Bolt is something I can see carrying for years and holding up wonderfully. And that’s more than I can say for other backpacks.”
The Gadgeteer - September 13, 2016
”Waterfield has made a backpack that can easily fit into just about any lifestyle, whether it’s corporate, weekend or—dare I say it?—hipster. The Bolt is stylish without showing off, rugged yet classic looking and quite comfortable to lug about.”
- Laptop pocket fits laptops up to 15" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Dell XPS 15
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Tablet pocket fits tablets up to 13" x 9":
- iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio (11", 12.9")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go