All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Ballistic Nylon or Waxed Canvas
- Full grain leather accent
- More details here.
Weight & Dimensions:
- Tech Folio: 8” (l) x 2” (w) x 10.5” (h); 0.95 lb.
20.32 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.43 kg
- Tech Folio Plus: 10.25” (l) x 2” (w) x 13.5” (h); 1.3 lb.
- Tech Folio 16-inch: 15” (l) x 2” (w) x 11.25” (h); 1.4 lbs. (ballistic), 1.8 lbs. (canvas)
26.03 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 34.29 (h) cm; 0.59 kg
38.1 (l) x 5.08 (w) x 28.57 (h) cm; 0.63 kg (ballistic), 0.81 kg (canvas)
- Opens flat to reveal a pocket-storage system that is flexible tor carrying cables & cords, slim or bulky items, tech gear or personal items. Cable management is a breeze–– no need to coil. Just bunch it up, zip it in the pocket in seconds.
- Transparent mesh pockets lets you see at-a-glance all the items you have stored. Deep, plush pockets expand to protect odd-sized objects.
- Rounded zipper front pocket makes it easy to quickly get items in or out.
- Front pocket for quick-access items like phone, pen, Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, earbuds, etc.
- Double zippers in main compartment enable in-case charging.
- Carrying options: use grab handle at the back or attach a Suspension Strap (optional).
- Can use on its own or insert in other bags.
- Full grain leather front panel develops a beautiful patina.
- Fits into any professional setting.
- Tech Folio fits the 11” iPad Pro, Kindle reader, and similarly-sized devices.
- Tech Folio Plus fits the 12.9” iPad Pro and similarly-sized tablets.
- Optional straps: Attach a strap from two small D-rings. Choose between a 1” Suspension Strap or 1” Simple Strap. See Attachments here.
this tech folio is well made, very nice waxed canvas and just what I needed for my tech cables. overall a very nicely made product!
Superb quality stitching, materials and design. Made in America too. Would not consider any other laptop bag.
The new Tech Folio Plus was just as expected in joining with my several other Waterfield products. It feels and looks great and, of course, is fully functional for my needs. I know it will last for years.
I am one of those people who likes bags. I have many bags and backpacks from a multitude of different makers. I know what goes in to making high end products and have a good understanding of price point.
The Tech Folio Plus is a good bag. It’s well thought out and seems to be a quality piece. The zippers would be my only concern. They seems on the cheaper side, but only time will tell about how durable they are. I use the bag and have no issues with it.
I don’t mind paying for a good solid built bag. The price of the Tech Folio Plus $159.00. I get this company is based in San Francisco California and overhead costs and California taxes must be a killer, but it’s simply too much. I would put this bag at no more then $125 and that’s pushing is. It’s a good bag, but not a great bag. When I opened the box, I was not expecting such an underwelming bag. I would have expected more for that price.
To summarize, it’s a well built bag at a much to high price point. I would not say don’t but it, just know your paying a premium for a good bag not a great bag.
Great unit to tote my tech gear from place to place. Another really thoughtful design from WaterField. Really appreciate the plush lining for “sensitive stuff”. This and my tech pouch get a whole lot of action.
Windows Central - November 22, 2019
“The Waterfield Designs Tech Folio Plus is a long-lasting, pack-it-all-in bag ideal for those techies who travel with a lot of smaller items, cables, and knickknacks for their Surface PC or Ultrabook.”
iMore - January 25, 2019
"The Tech Folio Plus has a ton of pockets of various sizes to carry all the dongles, adapters, headphones, battery packs, and other accessories you might need. Plus, it's absolutely gorgeous and made from quality materials."
Apple World Today - September 27, 2018
“I use the Tech Folio Plus as an accessory to my laptop case. However, if you use an iPad Pro in lieu of a Mac laptop, the WaterField Design case may be the only one you need for your tech equipment.”
The Tech Folio Collection is designed specifically for those who take their gear and electronics with them everywhere they go. The pocket-storage system keeps everything organized, quickly accessible, and flexible enough to hold slim or bulky devices. Available in three sizes based on capacity, the Tech Folio is the smallest and can fit tablets up to 11 inches.
Examples of items that can fit in the Tech Folio’s pocket-storage system:
- Cables and cords: short or long; thick or thin.
- Power bricks
- Dongles and adapters
- External hard Drive
- Extra battery packs
- Portable headset
The padded laptop compartment in the Tech Folio can fit tablets up to 11 inches, like:
- NEW iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- iPad Pro 11" with Magic Keyboard
- iPad Mini 5 with Smart Cover
- Surface Go with Type Cover
- And other similarly-sized devices
The padded compartment in the mid-capacity Tech Folio Plus fits laptops up to 14 inches, like:
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard
- MacBook Pro 13" Touch
- MacBook Pro 13" Air (2019)
- MacBook Pro 14"
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 w/ Type Cover
- Surface Book 2 (13.5") snug fit
- Google Pixelbook
- Google Pixel Slate
- And other similarly-sized devices
The padded laptop compartment in the high-capacity Tech Folio 16-inch can fit laptops and tablets up to 16 inches, like:
- MacBook Pro 16-inch
- Other similarly-sized laptops
The Tech Folio Collection was developed as part of the Next Generation Gear Case community design project.