All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Top handle for grab and go situations.
- Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Works perfect for my iPad Pro, snug fit with the Magic Keyboard. Excellent size, and all can be accessed easily. Top quality product. I use this for travelling on planes and great that it is so minimal but holds just what I need.
These are the kind of reviews I hate writing. The bag itself is really nice. I love the layout and the materials, all really good. That strap though... it made the bag unwearable.
See, with sling bags, all the weight of the bag is reliant on the strap. So the strap needs to be wide enough to distribute the weight well and thick enough to be comfortable to compensate for the added pressure to one shoulder. Unlike a backpack where everything is distributed to both shoulders equally. Keep in mind, the strap is sewn into the top, so you can't remove it without damaging / cutting it.
Waterfield included a velcro cushion shoulder strap that is too short to be useful and not tick enough to be comfortable.
If they were to do a V2 of this, I would have a wider strap, attach a long thick shoulder pad (it should go to mid-chest - look at Defy's sling bags), and make it removable (that way people can swap it with smaller straps if they have a smaller frame).
I do really hope they readdress this. Like I said, the bag itself is really great, but the strap is so thin and uncomfortable it made the bad unusable.
I’ve had a few game cases made by Waterfield but I think this one is not as well thought out as those. It doesn’t have and smaller organization pockets just two that feel like big open spaces. As a sling you move it across your chest to open yet the largest pocket is a top down loader like a backpack. At the triangular (top)and buckle is located. I just regret getting this bag. I also thought I was going to get a different kind of strap. I thought the entire strap was going to be made of this protectant foam material Gary described. I have a floating padded area that moves around a lot. It’s all in their pictures but I didn’t realize how it would actually work until I got it. Too bad they’re no store fronts like REI to try them on
I wanted a smaller sling for my smaller laptop. I have the large Muzetto for a larger laptop but it’s too big for my smaller ones.
I wish it had a zipper pocket inside. Especially if you’re going to be whipping it around and accessing it while wearing it. A netting or mesh pocket inside the front area that you’d access while wearing would have been useful as well.
Fantastic experience once again with waterfields! I have their cityclicker for vita, veritgo muzetto and now the stutter tech sling. So much thought went into the design of the bag. The grippy rubber on the shoulder pad to ensure the bag doesn't slip. The ambidextrous left or right buckle. And the materials are superb. As usual great experience! Here's to lasting many more years with my waterfield products!
The WaterField Sutter Tech Sling is the Sling-Style Bag You’ve Been Waiting For
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
Hauling Tech in Comfort With the Sutter Tech Sling
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
Waterfield Sutter Tech Sling Review
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Sutter Tech Sling review: One of the best urban daily carries
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Compact: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad with Magic Keyboard (2021)
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.4”
- 14" Macbook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8 with Type Cover
- Surface Laptop 4 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop Studio
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo C940 fits in Full Size (Arthur W., Wichita, US)
- Lenovo X1 Gen. 4 fits in Full Size (David J., Henderson, US)
- 13" ThinkPad X380 fits in Full Size (Miles H., Alpharetta, US)