All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- 14" Compact: 10.375” (l) x 3.75" (w) x 13.25" (h); 1.5 lbs. (ballistic), 1.8 lbs. (canvas)
- 16" Large: 11.75” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15” (h); 1.8 lbs. (ballistic), 2.2 lbs (canvas)
26.35 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 33.65 (h) cm; 0.68 kg (ballistic), 0.82 kg (canvas)
Volume: 8.4 Liters
29.84 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 38.1 (h) cm; 0.82 kg (canvas), 0.99 kg (canvas)
Volume: 10.8 Liters
- Can be worn as a crossbody or vertical brief.
- Durable materials, full grain leather base, and high performance hardware for long-lasting wear.
- Vertical design distributes the weight.
- Front pocket design keeps bulky items from bulging out.
- Water-resistant YKK zippers keeps the elements out.
- WaterField's standard gold liner provides easy visibility.
- Two fully-padded compartments keep laptop and tablet protected.
- Organizational pockets and key hook keep small items in place.
- Removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Strap is included for over-the-shoulder wear.
- Comfortable double handles for using as a brief.
- Flush back pocket with passthrough for carry-on luggage handles.
- Two sizes to fit most laptops up to Apple's 16" MacBook.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I've been searching for a more profession looking bag and found this on the site and fell in love with the look. The canvas color is a little darker in person than what is pictured on the site but it has grown on me. The bag is deceptively large and can carry my everyday things. I've been working from home so I haven't had the chance to take it out yet but I've loaded it up and it distributes the weight well! My only complaint is with the laptop compartment, I have the 16” MacBook Pro and it sticks out a few inches. Probably not a huge deal, but I worry about scratches, and the pen organizer in the bag is about the same height. I don't think anything will come of it but just something to be aware of if you have a larger computer.
Overall a fantastic bag, great quality. I even ordered a gear pouch and wallet after the bag because I the quality was so good.
The only thing I would change is for the interior sleeve/pocket to be a bit bigger. my 12.9” iPad Pro fit but very tightly. Another 14” would be nice.
I spend about 280 days (pre-COViD, traveling again but a little less right now) traveling a year, and I know that no singular piece of luggage or gear is going to work in every situation. That said, a near ubiquitous carry option for my laptop and EDC gear has been a constant, never-ending pursuit. I’ve had some of the best brands, good gear - from EMDOMs Baker St bag to Vertx to Mystery Ranch to Tom Bihn to several Tumi options, everything worked pretty well - but nothing was just right. This bag gets as close as I’ve come so far, and if I mixed some features of their new gym bag (love it by the way) with this bag, I think I might have found perfection.
Quality construction and materials are on par with or superior to far more expensive and well known brands; attention to small details is evident in the workmanship - you won’t be wearing this bag out. The leather guard along the bottom is a brilliant add; the dual tablet/laptop pouches were smart, and the depth overall is just right so that it is: 1) perfectly balanced and feels lighter than it should, even when densely packed, and 2) is deceptively cavernous inside, as it holds much more than you’d think, given its slim profile.
If i were to change anything I’d make it 2 inches deeper, closer to the gym bag, and clamshell zip opening like the gym bag does as well on one side, (might not be structurally wise) to accommodate something slightly thicker. Put extra pocketing into that extra space. Maybe an XL (taller) gym bag could be a thing?
Anyway - you’re not going to find a company that hits all points so well - quality of product, customer service responsiveness *and* extreme professionalism, and price point. Usually one strength means another weakness - not with Waterfield. They just keep stepping up with amazing designs, quality work, and affordable products for those of us who have working class salaries. This is the latest in a long line.
Very Good and useful
Loving my new Brief. The construction and design are really well done!
GeekDad - August 3, 2020
“What has been so impressive about this bag the sheer amount of stuff you can stuff into it.”
iMore - July 10, 2020
“The Hitch Crossbody from Waterfield Designs is slim but will still hold all of your mobile essentials, and then some.”
The Hitch Crossbody Laptop Brief has two padded compartments for a laptop and tablet. The following devices can fit in these pockets:
- The Compact Size built-in padded pockets can fit devices up to 13" x 8.4”, like:
- MacBook Air with Magic Keyboard
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 12" MacBook
- iPad Pro 11", 12.9" with NEW Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The Full Size built-in padded pockets can fit devices up to 14.25" x 10":
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")