All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16.5 x 13.5 x 7.0 inches, 2.9 lbs. Volume: 25.5 liters
- Crowd-sourced design with customers to create a stylish and functional backpack for professionals.
- The optional executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Sleek, waterproof zippers throughout.
- Built to last.
I bought my first Cargo Bag 10 years ago after extensive research and reading customer reviews. That Cargo Bag is still in good serviceable condition and will become my wife's go to MacBook case. This new Pro Executive Backpack exceeded my expectations and will I am sure be my preferred work bag for the next ten years. Functional, top quality and style all rolled into one.
While this is a great functional bag, great for company travels. It falls short as an executive backpack if you are in C suite.
The lining of the bag is rough to touch, not silty smooth as in other $300+ bags. Additionally, it wrinkles on a top every time you pick up your loaded bag. Unfortunately, the crease doesn’t completely go away once you put it down. The remedy would be a rigid plate sewn underneath the handle.
While these two things are not a disaster, but if you are OCD about your personal appearance in executive meetings, this might be a strong factor for you to consider to look elsewhere
I just bought the Executive Pro Backpack. I love it already. In particular, the quality of the materials and the design are excellent. I haven't found anything I don't like.
There is misleadingly large capacity in the main pocket with lots of space in pockets and pouches too.
I work as a land use consultant and work out of my client’s offices. This pack is organized perfectly for accessing my laptop and folders. The accordion file expansion and ability to stand up are great! I wish the laptop compartment had more padding on the bottom, but I’m using the folio for travel so not a big deal.. I’m still in a paper heavy industry so I carry a lot in this (about 5 inch stack of paper in picture). Surprised how light it feels even when packed full.
This is my 5th Waterfield bag. While the cost was the highest, it’s easily the best investment I’ve made.
Two road tests with flights, hotels and meetings and it covered all of the bases very well. Feels well constructed so hoping for a long and prosperous relationship :)
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 15" x 10"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Surface Book 2 (13” & 15”)
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- Dell XPS 13, 15
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (15")
- Dell XPS 15"