All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- The optional Executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
I always wanted the Pro Executive Laptop Backpack. When they released the limited addition waxed canvas I ran to my MAC to place the order. I love it. It looks amazing. It cradles my MAC like champion. I can even carry my Keypad Keyboard inside the WaterField sleeve in the front area of the back back. The gold interior makes is easy for viewing what’s inside. Thanks for my EDC lifetime backpack.
For a travel bag that handles two laptops and looks reasonable when I’m wearing a blazer, this is basically perfect. I wore it for a week around NYC, including walking from downtown to midtown one evening, and it was comfortable as well as stylish and practical. It’s *not* an especially friendly camera bag, so bear that in mind if, like me, you’re in the habit of carrying a camera—you likely want an internal camera pouch for that. (Full credit to WaterField: they told me as much when we were discussing whether this bag was a good choice for me!)
I have watched my TUMI bag fall apart in slow motion. I’ve also watched TUMI the company down shift its design philosophy too, so I’ve been looking for a replacement and I’ve found it in my new Waterfield bad. Super well made, you can see the passion for deign in how it’s laid out and how it feels strapped on my back. I really love it otherwise I wouldn’t write this as I have better things to do with my time. My suggestion is you check them out…
This backpack is perfect. The design and construction are spot-on. I used the bag just this past weekend--air travel to Seattle for a two-day stay and used the bag for my two-day clothing necessities as well as all my electronic devices and stuff. It fit in the overhead with no problem and could have been placed under the seat. Easy access to all my stuff was a breeze.
I wanted something to fit my 16” MacBook Pro, that also had lots of room for extra stuff when I travel. Out of my 10+ Waterfield bags, this is my new favorite. Stylish, durable, thoughtful storage options, and easily accessible. Its the best of the best!
WaterField Pro Executive Backpack Review: A Well-Organized and Professional Backpack That’s Perfect for Commuters, Road Warriors, and Remote Workers
GearDiary - January 18, 2022
“If you’ve been looking for a well-designed bag that can carry everything a successful remote worker or road warrior might need, a bag that is so well constructed that you’ll be proud to carry it for decades, the WaterField Pro Executive Backpack should be at the top of your list. It’s truly the goldilocks of professional backpacks; it’s just right.”
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Pro Backpack is available in one size, divided into two chambers: front chamber is spacious enough to hold items needed for a day at the office. The back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- Surface Laptop 5 (15")
The 14” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 12.5" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1 (tight fit)
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
The 16” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- Dell XPS 15"
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13") fits in the Laptop Compartment
- Dell XPS 13, 15 fits in the Laptop Compartment
- 15" Dell Inspiron fits in the Laptop Compartment (Terrance, H., Atlanta, US)