Pro Executive Laptop Backpack
Optional Executive Folio
- Product Info
- What Fits
The Pro Backpack blends sophistication with functionality. Highly organized with two main compartments, strategically-placed pockets, and an optional Executive Folio for taking to short meetings, the Pro Backpack stands on its own.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
Pro Executive Backpack:
- One size: 13.5" (L) x 16.5" (H) x 7.0" (W), 2.9 lbs. Volume: 25.5 liters
- 13” size: 10.25” (L) x 13.25” (H) x 1.75” (W), 1 lb.
- 15” size: 11.0” (L) x 15.0” (H) x 1.75” (W), 1.2 lbs.
- Crowd-sourced design with customers to create a stylish and functional backpack for professionals.
- The optional executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Sleek, waterproof zippers throughout.
- Built to last.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 15" x 10"
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13” & 15”)
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- Dell XPS 13, 15
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina, Air
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (15")
- Dell XPS 15"
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
I just bought the Executive Pro Backpack. I love it already. In particular, the quality of the materials and the design are excellent. I haven't found anything I don't like.
There is misleadingly large capacity in the main pocket with lots of space in pockets and pouches too.
I work as a land use consultant and work out of my client’s offices. This pack is organized perfectly for accessing my laptop and folders. The accordion file expansion and ability to stand up are great! I wish the laptop compartment had more padding on the bottom, but I’m using the folio for travel so not a big deal.. I’m still in a paper heavy industry so I carry a lot in this (about 5 inch stack of paper in picture). Surprised how light it feels even when packed full.
This is my 5th Waterfield bag. While the cost was the highest, it’s easily the best investment I’ve made.
Two road tests with flights, hotels and meetings and it covered all of the bases very well. Feels well constructed so hoping for a long and prosperous relationship :)
Really like the design of the bag, especially the way it stands upright when you set it down. The weather sealed zippers are a nice touch, especially in the pacific northwest weather I deal with. Very comfortable to wear.
Would be nice to have a little extra padding in the bottom of the laptop sleeve, although the folio makes this less necessary. Also a loop on the strap where I can hang a water bottle is something I found really useful on my last backpack as I tend to cram as much as possible in my bags when traveling.
Completely satisfied. Roomy and Balanced. Easy to carry. My only suggestions are to include an interior zippered pocket for my travel wallet (passport etc) which is more secure than the current external pockets.
What do you mean by "crowd-sourced design”?
We often work with customers to help us design key products. We refer to this process as “crowd-sourced design”. We received over 2000 replies to our request to help design the next professional backpack. See the journey from idea to product here. Customers who signed up to participate gave us requirements and provided feedback during the process. We love working with customers this way because the end product is something they helped build.
Does the Pro Executive Backpack stand up when I set it down?
Yes. Having the Pro stand on its own is one of the primary features requested by customers. This lets them neatly place the backpack on the floor next to them when they take it to meetings.
What is the purpose of the Executive Folio?
In our surveys, people indicated they used their backpack throughout the day. However, many requested that the backpack be lightweight. Because people spent most of their time at meetings, we figured we can keep things light by having a removable Executive Folio that would contain all the essentials for a short meeting. Leave the backpack in your office, and take the Executive Folio with you to the conference room. You can also buy the Executive Folio separately here.
Why use full grain leather for the accents?
Real, premium leather does look good, doesn’t it? Full-grain leather has a super tight grain so it resists moisture very well, and it's strong and durable. We believe in making products of the highest quality—we never skimp on materials, even accents. Full-grain leather is ideal for handles; your fingers will feel the difference. We love how the leather develops a beautiful patina that adds to the Pro Backpack's character over time.
Why use a gold liner?
First, the liner adds a bit of protection for the different items you carry inside. Second, we chose gold because this lighter, brighter color makes it easier to quickly see the contents inside your pouch.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Once again your backpack project has hit it out of the park!"
"Thank you for letting me be part of multiple focus groups and for listening to your customers."
"Pockets galore. Thoughtfully placed to be very easy to use and access."
"It lives up to everything you said it would. It's changed the way I travel."