Sutter Tech Sling
For the NEW Apple iPad Pro, MacBook, Surface Pro 6
- Product Info
- What Fits
Minimalist Everyday Carry. The Sutter Tech Sling, named for California Gold Rush explorer John Sutter, is the ideal size for creative explorations with your iPad Pro, along with the magnetic Smart Keyboard Folio and Apple Pencil. The strap on this one-strap daypack swivels 180 degrees, so the Sling stays balanced on your back and snug against your body. Swing it around one shoulder for easy access in crowded spaces. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 6.
See our complete Sutter Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Standard: 11.5" x 8" x 3"; 1.25 lbs. Volume: 4.5 Liters
- Full: 14" x 9.5" x 3"; 1.5 lbs. Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Adjustable Cam-lock
- YKK zipper
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Built-in shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro (with or without Keyboard Folio); situated in very back to keep Sling flat against body.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Optional Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 6.
- Standard: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Smart Keyboard Folio
- 13” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Pro 6 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 2
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
Handsome. Functional. Sturdy.
But please add a handle to the top. And some sideways pockets.
I love this sling - I bought it particularly for a conference I was attending as a replacement for a lovely but bulky/heavy leather bag. It is just large enough to fit my X1 Tablet, a few books, a folio with my presentation, and a handful of necessary gadgets. The build material is stellar - the waxed canvas feels wonderful, the leather looks and feels great, the zippers "rip" in a very satisfying way.
For the price however, I would like to see a few modifications. First, this thing needs a handle on top - picking it up is awkward. Do I grab the strap or maybe the top "flap" like piece? Both are less than ideal. But more problematic is the strap. I'm both tall and broad - a combination the strap doesn't seem ideal for. I would like to see an option for a longer strap.
Further, and more annoyingly, is the small pad - which slips and slides and is impossible to keep in place. I'd like to see the whole strap padded, or a larger dedicated pad with some way to lock it in position. Or at least not be *as* slippery. I'm constantly having to adjust it, which is especially unpleasant since the strap itself lacks any padding.
Give me a properly sized strap that's padded or has a wider, less slippery shoulder pad, and you would have perfection in a sling.
This is the second bag I’ve ordered from Waterfield and they continue to impress. This bag is perfect for holding my 12.9” iPad Pro and all the accessories I have for it.
What makes the Sutter Tech Sling comfortable for your shoulder and back?
First, the top strap attachment swivels 180 degrees so the Sutter Tech Sling stays vertical on your back as you move about. This allows for a more balanced weight distribution. Second, the wide pad helps keep the strap from digging into your shoulders. Third, the cam lock lets you adjust the strap while you are wearing the Sling so you can always get the proper fit.
What do you mean by easy-access or one-hand access?
We designed the Sutter Tech Sling so you can quickly and easily access its contents with one hand. If you’re in a crowd with limited personal space, you can quickly swing it in front of you to access items from the front pocket. The dual zippers in the main compartment also let you access items in there.
Why is the bag lined gold?
First, the liner adds a bit of protection for the different items you carry inside. Second, we chose gold because this lighter, brighter color makes it easier to quickly see the contents inside your pouch.
What are splash-proof zippers?
These zippers from YKK, a trusted name in the zipper industry, are water-repellent and add another level of protection to the contents inside the Sutter Tech Sling.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather. This is the most durable (and expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain. Scratches on the surface are signs that this is the real thing, and it will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Holds a lot in a small form factor."
"A highlight is the cam lock that can be adjusted with one hand."
"I love the quality and smell of real leather."
"The ONE— I have looked and looked for the "perfect" EDC bag."
"Been looking for something like this for years and finally have it."
"Just what I have been waiting for. This could become a future iconic accessory."
"It's lightweight but holds quite a bit."