NEW! Executive Leather Messenger
- Product Info
- What Fits
Handcrafted from full-grain leather, this classic messenger bag hosts modern features for today’s digital lifestyle: padded laptop and tablet compartments and ample pockets for storing tech gear.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Full-grain, naturally tanned leather
- Authentic paragliding buckle closure
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 14.25 x 10.5 x 3-2.75 inches; 3.25 lbs. Volume: 7.5 liters
- Full: 15 x 12 x 3.5-3.25 inches; 3.5 lbs. Volume: 10.5 liters
- Thick, full-grain leather with raw edges exudes rugged yet sophisticated look; develops beautiful patina.
- Dual-layer leather flap shuts securely with authentic paragliding buckle; easy to operate with one hand.
- Dual padded compartments cushion both laptop and a tablet
- Padded compartments cushion 15-inch laptop and 13-inch tablet.
- Gold, water-resistant liner lights up interior for increased visibility.
- Interior pockets include one zippered for valuables, open-topped for cords and accessories, and one pen slot for a ballpoint, Apple Pencil or Surface Pen.
- Luxuriously-soft, lined pockets under front flap cradle a smartphone and other quick-access items.
- Adjustable shoulder strap with a removable floating shoulder pad keeps strap in place.
- Leather grab handle, secured with strong rivets, offers a more formal carrying option.
- Rear panel slides over wheeled-suitcase handles for hands-free airport navigation.
- Metal key fob facilitates convenient key retrieval.
- Handcrafted in San Francisco from a single hide ensuring a consistent tone and feel.
Compact - Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 13.75" x 9.5"
- 15” MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina, Retina
- Dell XPS 13
- Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9") with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
I've had the Compact bag for a couple of weeks and it's been great. : ) The bag is very functional, the clasp is slick, and the storage is perfect for me (MacBook + iPad + power/accessories + other basics). I was pleasantly surprised by how light it was. The padded shoulder strap is quite comfortable and the handle feels very natural. I'm beginning to see a little wear, which is adding character. Can't wait for the bag to age and build its patina! Definitely recommend.
Elegant yet functional. This bag can be used in all occasions and will last. Excellent job!
This is a big messenger bag that I’ve used daily for a couple of weeks now. I’ve also used it to travel and I’ve been very pleased with it.
Really hits a sweet spot, and is my daily bag now. I’ve realized with my Sutter Slim backpack (black), and now the Compact Executive Leather Messenger (grizzly), that the interior bottoms have slightly more room than the tops. Even with the compact sizes, this feature swallows up a water bottle or umbrella beautifully. The Executive is of course wonderfully well made and durable, but smooth and supple and I’m sure already becoming more of both.
The Full size was a bit large for my daily work pack as I’d rarely fill it - just a large iPad, notebook, charging stuff, battery, extra glasses, fiddlybits, but swapping it was a tough decision. I might use a bit more room in the Compact size, but it can fit a bit more if I need it to, and is a trim package when I don’t.
The front parachute clasp is both quick and secure, and more useful than I expected. The top handle is a very welcome feature, substantial and comfortable, and sits back just enough to make lifting safe even when the flap is loose.
All the padding, lining, zipper, and pocket arrangement is very useful and attractive. And the pen slot easily fits an Apple Pencil plus another pen.
I’m always wishing I could hang a wet umbrella, and the interior keyclip dangles out long enough to clip an umbrella strap, especially with a small carabiner. Done.
My only suggestion would be to make the rear suitcase handle opening wider, at least as wide as the Sutter Slim backpack. I find it’s too narrow for the handle points on my cases, and it appears there’s room to do it. But I’m getting use from it by sliding the shoulder pad in to keep the strap from tangling.
Very nice work again on this very functional and attractive bag. This place is terrific.
The Executive Leather Messenger is a fantastic bag. It looks great - the leather is beautiful, and the design is a classic messenger that fits well in casual and formal work environments. The interior of the bag is very functional - enough pockets for laptop, tablet, smaller items, as well as a zippered pocket so valuables don't fall loose. The quick access pockets in the front are even lined with very soft material to ensure your phone or other items don't get scratched. The placement of the arm strap is just right - allowing the bag to fit close enough to the body. In addition to all of this, you have the fantastic Waterfield team who can handle any question or fix any problems you might encounter. This is a top notch bag from a top notch company.