All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas base
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Porter: 15" (l) x 4.5" (w) x 10.25” (h); 2.4 lbs.
38.10 (l) x 11.43 (w) x 26.04 (h) cm; 1.08 kg
Volume: 11.25 liters
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- Designed to stand upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Dual main compartments separate tech and personal items.
- Tech compartment has a padded laptop sleeve and pockets for accessories. This zips open flat for faster TSA security screening.
- Padded laptop sleeve has a corner cut-out to permit in-case charging.
- The other compartment is deeper with more organizational pockets for work documents and bulkier items.
- Interior key fob stores home keys for easy recovery after a long return flight.
- The exterior front pocket has an additional secure, zippered pocket for storing sensitive items.
- A full grain leather flap closes securely over the front pocket with magnetic clasps
- The two sides have pockets that snap open to to store water bottles or umbrella.
- The back has a passthrough slot for slipping over a suitcase handle.
- Dual leather-covered handles facilitate a quick grab after TSA screening.
- Waterproof exterior zippers and water-resistant lining help block the elements.
- Includes detachable, adjustable Shoulder Strap.
- The Optional Air Caddy fits in the front pocket and can be stowed in the seat back pocket once airborne.
I've not been able to use for travel since the lockdown but looking forward to it. All around quality design and craftsmanship. Looks like durability will be no issue for long term use. My first shipment had a flaw and needed to be sent back hence I reluctantly subtract one star. However, customer service gets five stars for sending me a new bag immediately. The replacement was on the money. Bought the Air Caddy for my 12.9 inch iPad Pro with new Magic Keyboard and they work great together. Also purchased the leather luggage tag. Sure $50.00 for a tag seems a bit high but well worth it to match the quality of the Porter.
Super pleased with the bag so far, looks great and very well made. Lots of pockets and room for everything I carry when travelling. Particularly like the size and fact that it does not fall over when you set it down. Lots of flexibility on what space in bag can be used for including packing extra shoes or clothing. Now just need to be able to travel somewhere!
The Air Porter is my first Waterfield product and so far it's been fantastic. It seems very well made, is handsome, and very functional. I have no gripes or reasons to nic-pic. One suggested improvement, small magnets embedded in the handles so they click together and function as a single handle, while still being able to easily separate to access the bag and use.
This bag was a replacement for a Tumi Alpha 3, and I can say that I finally have the bag I was hoping the Tumi would be. Love the Waxed canvas with Chocolate Leather, and the cleaver use of the Air Caddy makes the pre flight prep a breeze. Well done Waterfield!!!
I just received the air porter just as travel was becoming limited due to the current times. However I've already completely converted my old backpack over to it and put it to use a few times and am very happy with the product. My only gripe is that I wish there were more zippered areas to hold loose items (adapters, cables, toothpicks, etc) but I have since purchased the tech pocket and the gear pouch to fit into the large pockets within, and this has solved my issues completely and honestly keeps me more organized and easily acceptable to pull out the pocket/pouch to find my items rather than have to dig through the compartment in a bag. The water bottle holder was able to hold the smaller sized Larq bottle - sport version for those wondering. I do use the air caddy as well to assist and keep all my airplane necessities in one easily grab and go place. I haven't carried with a laptop yet so no opinions there (I use an away suitcase with pocket to keep the laptop off my shoulders while I travel). The larger front pocket fits the slip case for switch with a bit of room to spare. I have not loaded it up yet and put it under an airline seat to understand how much room I then have for my feet - excited to explore this function!
Baker On Tech - February 11, 2018
"If you’re like me, receptive to well-made and creative new designs that help us work effectively, stay organized, and has a place for all of our essentials while travelling, give this new product strong consideration."
Gadgeteer - December 16, 2017
"The Waterfield Air Porter carry-on bag is a perfect bag for traveling. It’s large enough for just about anything you want to carry, yet small enough to fit under airline seats for easy reach."
GottaBeMobile - November 14, 2017
"This is the ultimate carry on bag for frequent fliers. No more choosing between legroom and a laptop bag when you fly."
GearDiary - November 13, 2017
"Waterfield set out to make a great travel bag and … mission accomplished. Whether you only get the Air Porter or you get the Air Porter in combination with the Air Caddy, you are sure to appreciate the design, the craftsmanship and, most importantly, the functionality of this Waterfield offering; both are great for travel."
Joe Cieplinski - October 26, 2017
"If you’re in the market for a travel carry-on that’s designed with a ton of thought and attention to detail, that’s made in America by people who are paid decent wages, and that will last for many years to come (I’m about to enter year 8 for my Muzetto) the Air Porter is certainly worth a look."
ZDNet - September 25, 2017
"The WaterField Designs Air Porter was created in collaboration with customers who travel and is perfect for those who find themselves on airplanes to get work done."
- Air Porter fits these devices:
- MacBook Pro 16-inch
- MacBook Pro 13-inch Touch Bar, Retina, Air Retina
- iPad Pro 11", 12.9" with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro Pro X, Pro 7, Laptop 3 (13.5"), Book 3 & 2 (13.5")
- Other similarly-sized laptops
- Air Caddy (Optional) fits these tablets:
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Go
- Other similarly-sized tablets