All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas base
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Porter: 15" (l) x 4.5" (w) x 10.25” (h); 2.4 lbs.
38.10 (l) x 11.43 (w) x 26.04 (h) cm; 1.08 kg
Volume: 11.25 liters
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- Slips over rolling suitcase handle.
- TSA-friendly laptop-sleeve compartment opens flat; dual handles facilitate quick grab after TSA screening.
- Zippered pocket under front flap grants quick-but-secure access.
- Leather flap closes with magnets at two settings allowing front pocket to be fully or partly packed and remain secured.
- Padded laptop sleeve with corner cut-outs permits laptop charging while inside case.
- External water-bottle/umbrella pockets snap closed when not in keeping bag slim.
- Air Porter fits Air Caddy in front pocket.
- Air Caddy fits in front airline seat.
- Dual main compartments keep tech and personal items separated.
- Slim and stands upright under airline seats leaving ample legroom.
- Waterproof exterior zippers and water-resistant lining help block the elements.
- Interior key fob stores home keys for easy recovery after a long return flight.
I was looking at this bag for awhile but didn’t pull the trigger until lately. The only regret I have is not ordering it sooner.
Hub thrilled . Perfect!
I've taken my first trip with the AirPorter and I am beyond impressed. I was concerned that the piece on the back that allowed it to slip over my luggage handle wouldn't be sufficient; that it would slide off the top as I careened through the airport. No issue there. The bag (on or off my roller) stands upright with confidence. I was hesitant to buy the Air Caddy, but went for it. What a great pairing. Getting organized in my seat has never been easier. Finding a cable, notebook, charger, laptop etc. is simplicity itself. The front zip pocket held the contents of my pockets, making prepping for and exiting TSA screening a breeze.
Not too mention that the bag itself is gorgeous, sturdy, and comes with the perfect shoulder strap. Worth every penny. Waterfield has a customer for life.
I've been using Waterfield sleeves and bags exclusively for 17 years, including a Racer-X that has been all over the world for the past 11 years. With a new laptop I decided to upgrade to new Air Porter - the new bag is smaller on the outside than the Racer-X yet holds quite a bit more. It's a beautiful bag with tons of compartments to hold all kinds of accessories and doodads, but unfortunately it was just too tight for the 16" version of the laptop.
I had a few small issues when I first got my bag (one of the side snaps was defective), but almost as soon as I noticed the problem the great folks at Waterfield had already taken care of everything! I haven't experienced this level of great customer service in a very long time. Thank you!
As far as the bag is concerned... I am a consultant who travels every week and all I can say is finally a bag that fits everything I need, my feet included, under the seat in front of me. I'm also stoked that I am not another consultant wearing the obligatory Tumi uniform.
Baker On Tech - February 11, 2018
"If you’re like me, receptive to well-made and creative new designs that help us work effectively, stay organized, and has a place for all of our essentials while travelling, give this new product strong consideration."
Gadgeteer - December 16, 2017
"The Waterfield Air Porter carry-on bag is a perfect bag for traveling. It’s large enough for just about anything you want to carry, yet small enough to fit under airline seats for easy reach."
GottaBeMobile - November 14, 2017
"This is the ultimate carry on bag for frequent fliers. No more choosing between legroom and a laptop bag when you fly."
GearDiary - November 13, 2017
"Waterfield set out to make a great travel bag and … mission accomplished. Whether you only get the Air Porter or you get the Air Porter in combination with the Air Caddy, you are sure to appreciate the design, the craftsmanship and, most importantly, the functionality of this Waterfield offering; both are great for travel."
Joe Cieplinski - October 26, 2017
"If you’re in the market for a travel carry-on that’s designed with a ton of thought and attention to detail, that’s made in America by people who are paid decent wages, and that will last for many years to come (I’m about to enter year 8 for my Muzetto) the Air Porter is certainly worth a look."
ZDNet - September 25, 2017
"The WaterField Designs Air Porter was created in collaboration with customers who travel and is perfect for those who find themselves on airplanes to get work done."
- Air Porter: fits devices up to 14.1" x 9.6"
- 16-inch MacBook Pro
- 13-inch MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina, Air Retina
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro Pro X, Pro 7, Laptop 3 (13.5"), Book 2 (13.5")
- Caddy: fits laptops/tablets up to 9.75" x 6.75"
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Go