All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- The optional Executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
Currently only had the bag for a week and am in the middle of my first trip with this bag to Europe. It holds a lot, but was a bit too wide to fit under the airplane seat in front of me. Had to force squeeze, but got it there. Just a great bag.
I hadn’t heard of Waterfield till I saw one bag for the PS Vita on a YouTube video. I immediately loved the bag and took it everywhere to protect my Vita. I have had a few backpacks for my work computers and a great coach briefcase for my home laptop. On a business trip my work was asking what we would like for a new laptop backpack. I did my research and came up with the Pro Executive Backpack. It has the right amount of storage for the laptop, folio, portable monitor, power brick and cables, and yes my Vita with case and space for drinks, batteries, travel docs. Everything fits perfectly and looks and feels premium. Btw, my work balked at the price, that’s okay, I bought it for my home laptop anyway. One word of caution though, I’m using the new Razer Blade 16. It fits perfectly in the backpacks laptop sleeve. I like to put it in the optional matching 16 inch folio though, and that is a very tight fit. I wish the folio just had about 1-2 mm of additional width and height. It literally only needs that minor change to be perfect. In any case, I do love my bags and they protect my gear and look stylish. I have only gotten compliments. Now for a matching Analog Pocket bag…
This bag isn’t cheap but the quality is outstanding. I am proud to carry this bag around……nicest backpack I have ever seen.
Love this backpack - it has an amazing amount of room in it. The bag is designed in a way that stuff I need while traveling is easy to grab without taking it off my back fully. I love that it stands up when sat down. I have no complaints!
My last SFbags briefcase lasted 10+ yrs. Was finally time for a new one. Love the Exec Laptop Backpack. Beautiful bag, high quality, very spacious. I use it everyday for work and plan to use it instead of suitcase for weekend trips.
WaterField Pro Executive Backpack Review: A Well-Organized and Professional Backpack That’s Perfect for Commuters, Road Warriors, and Remote Workers
GearDiary - January 18, 2022
“If you’ve been looking for a well-designed bag that can carry everything a successful remote worker or road warrior might need, a bag that is so well constructed that you’ll be proud to carry it for decades, the WaterField Pro Executive Backpack should be at the top of your list. It’s truly the goldilocks of professional backpacks; it’s just right.”
Waterfield Pro Executive Backpack Review
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
WaterField's Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: The Best You Ever Designed
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Waterfield Pro Executive Laptop Backpack review
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Pro Backpack is available in one size, divided into two chambers: front chamber is spacious enough to hold items needed for a day at the office. The back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- Surface Laptop 5 (15")
The 14” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 12.5" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1 (tight fit)
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
The 16” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- Dell XPS 15"
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13") fits in the Laptop Compartment
- Dell XPS 13, 15 fits in the Laptop Compartment
- 15" Dell Inspiron fits in the Laptop Compartment (Terrance, H., Atlanta, US)